Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas. The title says it all. It a 2012 zx10r. Has a commader v, quick shifter, and taylor made exhaust. These are the mods on this bike currently if that helps answer some question about the low beam blinking. Any question, be free to ask me. This is dangerous driving like this at night. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Few questions:
1) Stock bulbs or have you upgraded them for HID bulbs with ballasts?

2) Is it while the bike is running and stationary like you're letting it warm up?

3) Is it while the bike is moving like while you're riding?

4) Is it while the bike is off and not moving like you just finished your ride and hit the kill switch but have yet to turn off the key?

5) Is it rhythmic in nature? I.E. on for a second... off for a second... on for a second... off for a second... over and over?

6) Is it erratic or intermittent? I.E. on for a second... off for half a second... on for 3 seconds... off for 1 second... on for 10 seconds... off for 3 seconds... over and over?

7) Does the frequency at which the light flickers, increase or decrease while riding over bumpy surfaces?

8) If you have the high beam on does it flicker as well?

8a) If the high beam does flicker, does it flicker in sync with the low beam? I.E. do both the high and low beams go out and come back on together at the same time?

Answering those questions will give everyone a more complete picture as to whats going on and what potential fixes may be.

-Anthony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Few questions:
1) Stock bulbs or have you upgraded them for HID bulbs with ballasts?
Stock Bulbs
2) Is it while the bike is running and stationary like you're letting it warm up?
Yes
3) Is it while the bike is moving like while you're riding?
Yes
4) Is it while the bike is off and not moving like you just finished your ride and hit the kill switch but have yet to turn off the key?
Sometimes
5) Is it rhythmic in nature? I.E. on for a second... off for a second... on for a second... off for a second... over and over?
Stays on over and over
6) Is it erratic or intermittent? I.E. on for a second... off for half a second... on for 3 seconds... off for 1 second... on for 10 seconds... off for 3 seconds... over and over?
Stays on over and over
7) Does the frequency at which the light flickers, increase or decrease while riding over bumpy surfaces?
Stays the same
8) If you have the high beam on does it flicker as well?
Haven't try it with the high beam
8a) If the high beam does flicker, does it flicker in sync with the low beam? I.E. do both the high and low beams go out and come back on together at the same time?
Haven't try it with the high beam

Answering those questions will give everyone a more complete picture as to whats going on and what potential fixes may be.

-Anthony
Hope those answer I give you will help me find my problems

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I found the solution to my blinking low beam problem. This is normal in my case. Someone had the bike before me and must have program it to blink during the day for safety reason and at night its solid, no blinking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here an update. Been dealing with the problem for a while now and no it not normal. Excuse my other post were I said it’s normal. I manage to record a video of the problem. I'm planning to take it to the dealership to have it check out. One more thing, when the bike is running and it get to a certain degree its shuts off while at idle (150 degree) and around 210 degree while riding. When I'm riding around 15-20mph the bike sputter then sometimes cut off. I just install the HIDs (55w 6k without hyper flash relay) and the problem is still there before I install it, just to let everyone know. If you have any idea of what is going on, please let me know so I can tell the dealership. I'm new to the motorcycle world and will be planning to ask more question to extend my knowledge. Mine my newbish. <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1057.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ft391%2Fchriskaiyaraj92%2F20150314_181853_zpsb6rycfor.mp4&title=">

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here an update. Been dealing with the problem for a while now and no it not normal. Excuse my other post were I said it’s normal. I manage to record a video of the problem. I'm planning to take it to the dealership to have it check out. One more thing, when the bike is running and it get to a certain degree its shuts off while at idle (150 degree) and around 210 degree while riding. When I'm riding around 15-20mph the bike sputter then sometimes cut off. I just install the HIDs (55w 6k without hyper flash relay) and the problem is still there before I install it, just to let everyone know. If you have any idea of what is going on, please let me know so I can tell the dealership. I'm new to the motorcycle world and will be planning to ask more question to extend my knowledge. Mine my newbish. <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1057.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ft391%2Fchriskaiyaraj92%2F20150314_181853_zpsb6rycfor.mp4&title=">

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1057.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ft391%2Fchriskaiyaraj92%2F20150314_181853_zpsb6rycfor.mp4&title=">

1 - 10 of 10 Posts