Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a little trouble bleeding my brakes, any tools and where I can get them (order) that would help that you all have tried? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
525 Posts
nolaZX10 said:
I'm having a little trouble bleeding my brakes, any tools and where I can get them (order) that would help that you all have tried? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
I will be doing this soon. I have heard that there is info in the owners manual on how to do it as well as a tool that makes the job much easier. Should be available from your local dealer.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I use tubing submerged is brakefluid, crack the nipple (hehehehe- nipple!) then start pumping fluid through. Being you drained yours dry, it isn't goin to be easy. Be patient. Wish i knew you were shipping your bike. I found a shipping company that provides 7 day delivery on a palete w/o draining fluids.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What company is that Miykl? Nice to know even though military ships mine for free, I'm just hoping they didnt mess anything up and I have to go through the hassle of getting them to fix it!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
nolaZX10 said:
there is a tool. its a manual vacum pump gun that you hook up to the bleeder valve, crack it open and wala no air bubles, i think the company is called vacumite or something

·
Registered
46 Posts
goodridge makes a banjo bolt that basically has a check valve inside of it thats the best way to go if you ever remove the line you can rebleed it in seconds. that or a mighty vac brake bleeder will do the trick. hope this helps

·
Registered
764 Posts
FrEteGi said:
nolaZX10 said:
there is a tool. its a manual vacum pump gun that you hook up to the bleeder valve, crack it open and wala no air bubles, i think the company is called vacumite or something
Mitivac. Have one. Works ok. The hardest thing is to find a tool that has a decent coupler to the bleeder. It's sometimes hard to figure out if the air being drawn through the tubing is from the brake system or just air being sucked through a seal break between the coupler and the bleeder. Plus the pumping to develop adequate vacuum can become tedious. I got one of those air compressor operated vacuum bleeders. That one works a bit better. Just have to control how much vacuum is applied.

·
Registered
516 Posts
ZX10 Guy said:
FrEteGi said:
nolaZX10 said:
Mitivac. Have one. Works ok. The hardest thing is to find a tool that has a decent coupler to the bleeder. It's sometimes hard to figure out if the air being drawn through the tubing is from the brake system or just air being sucked through a seal break between the coupler and the bleeder. Plus the pumping to develop adequate vacuum can become tedious. I got one of those air compressor operated vacuum bleeders. That one works a bit better. Just have to control how much vacuum is applied.
I use the Mytivac on my car and intend using it on the “10”. Only open the bleeder valve enough to flow fluid, if you open it too much air will get by the threads and give the impression you are pulling air through the brake line. AND… only pump a couple of times to create a minimum of vacuum needed to pull fluid or, again, you will pull unwanted air past the threads. If used correctly the Mytivac works great, (for me).

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I only use the vacume pump for the initial bleeding, to move a fairly large amount of brake fluid. Like when you change lines. For my final bleed, I attach a clear hose to the nipple. I make sure the hose runs vertically for at least a couple of inches. I usually loop it over the turn signal. Once I have a column of brake fluid in the hose, I will slowly squeeze the lever, tightening the nipple just before the brake lever bottoms. I will pump the master cylinder up again by making smooth steady stokes. Once it is pumped up, I repeat the process until no tiny bubbles are visable in the column of brake fluid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts