Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
reduced $7500 OBO

6924 miles (a bit high due to lower gearing being used on most tracks)

Bike is currently setup as a street bike for a 220lb rider.
The Sharkskinz race bodywork is included which is in usable condition - as shown on web page.

Bike is in Atlanta, GA

Finished 2nd in Expert Unlimited Superbike and Unlimited GP in CCS Florida.
On-board videos at http://youtube.com/gkgorman
Bike has been lowsided twice. Once at 35mph - October '09 and once at 50mph - February '10.

Did
1:18.5 at Jennings
1:15.7 at Roebling
1:29.0 at Homestead
1:19.3 at PBIR
1:53.8 at Daytona
1:34.0 at Barber

• Woodcraft ClipOns
  • Woodcraft Engine Covers
  • Woodcraft rearsets
  • Penske 8987 Triple Adjustable Shock
  • GMD Ft Lauderdale Revalved Forks - Ohlins valving
  • New (February '10) Fork Bushings and Seals
  • Brand new 520 conversion - 2 trackdays on it
  • New Vortex sprockets 15/41
  • Full Leo Vince Exhaust
  • Kawasaki Kit ECU
  • Kawasaki Kit ECU Cable
  • Galfer Brake Lines
  • Stock ECU
  • Dynojet Quickshifter
  • Riflemans 1/5 turn throttle conversion
  • WERA Spec Safety Wire
  • Spare rear wheel
  • Hotbodies Double Bubble Windscreen
  • Dyno'd at 174 HP
  • Serviced last week at Marietta Motorsports
For more images, go to https://sites.google.com/a/gormanonline.com/2008-zx10-for-sale/

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, buy a brand new 08 10 for what? 7500?

Now get:
Kit ECU - 350
ECU Cable - 515
Clipons - 150
L&R Engine Cases - 265
Rearsets - 350
Revalved Forks - 650
Penkse Shock - 1195
Full Ti- LeoVince - 1600
520 conversion - 180
Dyno Tuning - 200
Galfer Superbike Lines - 140
Sharkskinz - 650
Windscreen - 65
ASV Short Levers - 250

Total: $14,060

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Fast as lap times at all those tracks! Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
648 Posts
stop whining about your after market parts most ppl DONT CARE! take that shit off then sell the bike for a reasonable price.
Probably because most people (as you put it) including yourself don't even know what half of those aftermarket parts are. :lol:

Good luck with your sale though as you have it very reasonably priced. I have an '08 with about the same amount of mods you have that i'd like to sale, but i'm not gonna "give" it away like zx10rwannabe thinks ya should.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Do I get the lap times included at the asking price? Bump..........

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Probably because most people (as you put it) including yourself don't even know what half of those aftermarket parts are. :lol:

Good luck with your sale though as you have it very reasonably priced. I have an '08 with about the same amount of mods you have that i'd like to sale, but i'm not gonna "give" it away like zx10rwannabe thinks ya should.

please enlighten me on the so called knowledge of these hard parts:lol::wink:

just because one doesnt re-value and throw on a different shock doesnt mean we dont run track days. All my track bikes in the past have been stock other than a slip on/pc/skins, so I dont give a shit when throwing it down:lol:

ps most if anything you buy and slap on a bike is worth nothing after its on the bike:wink:

BUMP THOUGH

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys might be right. Maybe most people don't care about getting a proven fast and reliable bike with parts that aren't just thrown on because they're cool but because they are needed. Most people aren't looking for a bike that can podium at the expert level. Most people aren't looking for a trackbike with all the street gear too.

Most people don't ride sportbikes. Of those that do, most don't ride 1000s. Of those that do most don't do trackdays. Of those that do, most don't race.

So? This bike isn't for most people.

A smart person would realize right away the price is $1000 less if they don't want to street it. They'd just have to sell the street bodywork, shock and exhaust. For street only, convert it back to stock, sell all the race bits and get oh, $2500 to $3k.

I just don't have the time or the patience to do that.

And, it is "or best offer." Since you want it so much, make an offer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ill give you 200 for the pc to ecu cable:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You guys might be right. Maybe most people don't care about getting a proven fast and reliable bike with parts that aren't just thrown on because they're cool but because they are needed. Most people aren't looking for a bike that can podium at the expert level. Most people aren't looking for a trackbike with all the street gear too.

Most people don't ride sportbikes. Of those that do, most don't ride 1000s. Of those that do most don't do trackdays. Of those that do, most don't race.

So? This bike isn't for most people.

A smart person would realize right away the price is $1000 less if they don't want to street it. They'd just have to sell the street bodywork, shock and exhaust. For street only, convert it back to stock, sell all the race bits and get oh, $2500 to $3k.

I just don't have the time or the patience to do that.

And, it is "or best offer." Since you want it so much, make an offer.:thumbsup:
Your argueing with internet kids Greg. Don't waste your time.

I've got most of that stuff already from Stokes. If you do decide to seperate some of the aftermarket parts, LMK.

Can't wait to get into the 1:30's at Barber. Stuck at 1:45 right now...:rolleyes: I would move up to advanced but you and Jake are haulin' a**!

Good Luck! What bike is next? Are you going to follow the contingency $?

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
if you do part it, i may be interested in the skinz...
glw the sale, free bump!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts