Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Got my new ZX10R last week. Still breaking her in.
Been quite a while since I had this much power between my legs...lol.
I have a break-in routine I use which has worked very well for all of the numerous other bikes I have owned since my first sport bike a 1984 GPZ 750.
I stay between 4-5k for the fist hundred or so miles, then slowly begin to raise the rpms in short roll on bursts to 5-6k then 6-7k over the next couple hundred or so miles.
I am not a guy that loves to redline my bike, unless I am at a track day. God I have not been to one off those for some time either. Hoping to get to one of them at Laguna Seca (which is where I did quite a few of them when I was a single guy) next year.
But right now I am too busy to take the time to get out their this year.
I am a member of the Z1000 forum as well. I have decided to sell my Zed and move back towards sport bikes again.
Looks like aftermarket goodies are slowly becoming available for the 06.
I don't like to waste much time doing mods.
Already put on Pro grips and a fender eliminator.
Have just got my BMC filter and Power Commander today.
Should have my Scorpion slip-ons this Friday. May be up late Friday night ..lol.
Does anyone know where to get a black seat cowl for under the $99.95 list price?
I hate to pay list price for anything.
Got a pretty good deal on this ZX10R; $10,999 out the door. Talk about bang for the buck..........lol
I think I did pretty well.
Looking foward to checking out this forum and get ideas and possibly some group buys on some other goodies as they become more available.
I especially am interested in some risers and possibly some rearsets.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and enjoy

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts

·