Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone has heard of Ohlins, and yes as far as needing work on them, quality, etc, etc, they are really good. However I have a buddy who rides a 1098S Duc. and he put Marzocci front forks with the whole tripple tree kit; They are 50mm forks, really NICE. He then put Bitubo XXF31 rear shock in the rear. I have never heard of them until he got it, and he says that its right there with Ohlins.
This I know, I know there is alot of stuff out there that the Pro's use that the average sportbike rider has never even heard of, and just because it's not the home brand name (Ohlins) doesn't mean it's not top quality mod's.

I like to be different, to go off the beaten path, but of course I don't want to sacrifice PERFORMANCE.
This is going to be for the experienced guys out there who really know what they are talking about; No offense, but I am not looking for a bunch of opinions who really don't KNOW, but just go on what they like or have heard. I know Ohlins is great, and you can't go wrong with them, but I would like to run something that everyone else doesn't have that has the same performance.
Bellissimoto.com check it out

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
All I can really say is I doubt the average rider is going to be able to say that's ohlins was better by leaps and bounds to compare to bitubo, penske etc...

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I think a thread on this popped up a while back. While they may have a great product, ohlins is just a more used product so getting it serviced, maintained and parts are much easier to come by. I feel the same way though, I like to have something a little unique. Sorry, I know this isnt the repy you specifically requested but deal with it, its a free country LOL just jokin :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
When I was researching other options before getting my Ohlins I checked out Bitubo. Aside for being pretty expensive I had trouble finding a place in the states to service them. Maybe i didnt look hard enough :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
There is a member on this forum with one... for some reason MagicMavis comes to mind, but I could very well be wrong.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Well since your asking on this, being in the pits of WSBK for 4 different rounds and getting to see the different bikes up close and well the superstock teams you can pretty much BS with them get info and see what their using.

several of the teams were using the BI-Tubo some and visually the quality looks ot exceed ohlins, but not sure how they perform heads up.
as others have stated they are supposed to be Good and for us mere mortals not so sure we could really tell the difference.

The marzochi's i have seen quite often for $3200 for the forks with fender, clip-ons, and triples...a good deal
Might try these vs the run of the mill ohlins R&T 804's...but servicing them wont be so easy as others have stated.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I've been wanting the bitubo since I first saw it... but where the hell can you buy the damn thing stateside?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would say go Ohlins, not because of a performance difference between the two, but because the well known stuff is just easier to sell if you ever need to do so.

You see some real top quality stuff for sale around that is a bitch to sell because nobody has heard of it, yet the ohlins and such has people fighting to buy it. If you look at it from an investment stand point then the top name brands are what you want. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Bitubo has been around for a while they make some sick dampers and I have herd nothing but GOOD about there shocks! people buy Ohlins because all there friend know the name it's the "I got Ohlins suspension" factor 90% of the time,
but IMO the best shock on the market is Penske and your not paying $300 extra for a name! don't get me wrong Ohilns makes some good shit but you do pay for the wrapping! but to answer your question I have used Bitubo stuff and yes it's good! but if you want to talk to the guys who are the real pros call Dan @ "Traxxion Dynamics" they sell Bitubo, ohlins, penske

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been wanting the bitubo since I first saw it... but where the hell can you buy the damn thing stateside?
Bellissimoto.com sells them.

As far as service, yeah I know Ohlins is going to be far better in that regard.
But sounds to me like the Bitubo is a top quality shock, right there with Ohlins, but it is a little more expensive that the TTX Ohlins.

Decessions, decessions; Mods are a love hate kinda thing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the xxf31 on my first gen. I wont be able to post a review until the spring though as I just got it this winter and I live up north.

Dan Anderson at Traxxion Dynamics was my contact and I would recommend them. Traxxion services Bitubo as well and are the only big name suspension house in the states that does so. He did mention that they put the shock on the dyno before shipping it out and it performed really well. as with most italian products, it's beautifully made and considering it's just a monoshock you could call it motorcycle jewelry on par with a TTX ohlins.

I had a bitubo shock on a zx6r and it was very good, I got it on closeout years ago for like 300 dollars and at that price it was a no-brainer. The xxf31's cost gave me pause, but I didnt want to rebuild my stocker and I love my zx10 so I said what the hell. I would recommend bitubo in general for the quality of their suspension products, but I'll save my review of the zx10 shock for later.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Unless you have money to piss away, get the PENSKE. Not saying anything bad about the others, but penske is by far the best value. Easy and inexpensive to get serviced.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Unless you have money to piss away, get the PENSKE. Not saying anything bad about the others, but penske is by far the best value. Easy and inexpensive to get serviced.

Ima hafa give this a :+1: I have Penske's on everthing! both race bikes and my street bike!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Piss, piss $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I dont understand your point. The penske costs the same as the bitubo... :dontknow:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I saw frt and rear on ebay of this bi tubo system....I think it was like 3g for the rear and 11g for complete front..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts