Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,
I bit the bullet and purchased a set of 07 ZX14 calipers to put on my 07 ZX10R. A couple of questions came to mind so I thought I'd ask. Can I use the same SS brake lines and can I use the stock pads (less than 1K miles on them so I've been informed), or should I change them out. The bike is going to be used for both street and track use. I look forward to hearing everyones :2cents:

Please tell me that I can use the stock rotors!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hmm I'd like to know this has well. How much bigger are the 14 calipers?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just bought a set too. Mine came with all the lines still attached. Talked to my local shop and they said that I could use the lines on the calipers and the stock pads. Said I could spend money on lines and pads, but just putting them on stock would make a world of difference. I gonna try to put them on this weekend.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
The 06-07 stainless lines will have perfect bends for use with the ZX-14 calipers - bolt them on, bleed 'em and go have some fun! I used the same pads mine came with - less than 1000 miles on them also - no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
can you use zx14 calipers on 04-05?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have 07 ZX14 MC with 05 Goodridge SS lines and an 07 ZX6RR set of calipers. And they all work great together. I used the stock pads until my GalferHH creamics came in. The brakes worked great with the stockers too.
:idea: Do yourself a favor and buy a vacuum bleeder from your local auto parts store if you don't already have one. They only cost around $35 and they make life sooooo much easier!
________
Creampie anal

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That what I have them on. I also changed to the ZX-14 radial master cylinder and I'm using Galfer ss lines for the 06-07 10. Great set-up. Here's some pics of my install:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48052&highlight=polished
nice... How much does it cost for a set up (apprx). How much bigger are the calipers and how much stopping power is increased? Can you tell the diff right off the back.... What benefit is there to using the zx14 parts ans master cylinder? Are you using front and rear calipers?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
hands down the caliper swap was more than what i got from the stainless brakelines.
The feeling was great and the overall power was much improved for sure.
this is a far better mod than an exhuast or some bling BS.

Hoping the brembo Hps will be an even bigger improvement should find out this weekend.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Does the 10 lack that bad?

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Greetings,
I bit the bullet and purchased a set of 07 ZX14 calipers to put on my 07 ZX10R. A couple of questions came to mind so I thought I'd ask. Can I use the same SS brake lines and can I use the stock pads (less than 1K miles on them so I've been informed), or should I change them out. The bike is going to be used for both street and track use. I look forward to hearing everyones :2cents:

Please tell me that I can use the stock rotors!
Yes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts