Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
The stock battery looks a lot like the same battery in my k5 10r. So that bikemaster battery will fit in my k5, right?:shady:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It measures 5.75" tall, 5.25" wide, and 2.5" deep... It was $50 shipped.

Ive got an off topic question. Im hooking up my rear brake light sensor on my vortex sets. I The stock wiring has blue and a brown wire, and I need the hot wire... Anybody know for sure which is "hot"? its an 07

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you have a link and part# for ordering?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
is that a 12v9b-4 battery

if so let me know how it works i looked in the parts book here it looks like this

12v9b-4 has 8 amp hours and 115 cca

12v12b-4 has 10 amp hours and 125 cca

i might have to see if that battery will start my 3mm big bore

·
Registered
798 Posts
It measures 5.75" tall, 5.25" wide, and 2.5" deep... It was $50 shipped.

Ive got an off topic question. Im hooking up my rear brake light sensor on my vortex sets. I The stock wiring has blue and a brown wire, and I need the hot wire... Anybody know for sure which is "hot"? its an 07
if theres only 2 wires coming out of the switch then you don't have to worry about polarity since its just breaking the line

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if theres only 2 wires coming out of the switch then you don't have to worry about polarity since its just breaking the line
Im not an electrical engineer so im not following you real well.

Heres my question, please answer yes or no :crackup:...
I have 2 wires on my AFTERMARKET pressure switch and 2 wires on my STOCK brake light switch. Am I correct in assuming that I can connect either AFTERMARKET wire to either STOCK wire? Then connect the remaining AFTERMARKET wire to the positive battery terminal...

If this is correct, what do I do with the extra STOCK wire?? Tape and Tie up??

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Im not an electrical engineer so im not following you real well.

Heres my question, please answer yes or no :crackup:...
I have 2 wires on my AFTERMARKET pressure switch and 2 wires on my STOCK brake light switch. Am I correct in assuming that I can connect either AFTERMARKET wire to either STOCK wire? Then connect the remaining AFTERMARKET wire to the positive battery terminal...

If this is correct, what do I do with the extra STOCK wire?? Tape and Tie up??

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
First tell me were u got the battery from:mrgreen:

just kidding Im not sure but if someone knows please tell him so he can tell us were to get this battery

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Fellas!! Kinda forgot about this thread...

I got it from babbitsonline.com. Part number-499095, Description-12V7B-B MIKE MASTER, Original-$68.95, Discount-$20.99, Price-$47.96. FREE SHIPPING!

·
Registered
798 Posts
it does not matter which way you wire the switch
just use the stock wiring don't try to rewire anything you just said your no electrical engineer

just connect one wire from the switch to the bike then the other wire to the other wire on the bike

all the switch is doing is breaking a connection not suppling a voltage

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sorry Fellas!! Kinda forgot about this thread...

I got it from babbitsonline.com. Part number-499095, Description-12V7B-B MIKE MASTER, Original-$68.95, Discount-$20.99, Price-$47.96. FREE SHIPPING!

wow that battery only has 7 amp hours and 85 cca im not sure that will work for me

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stock OEM Battery- 9 Lbs
Bikemaster- 5 Lbs
So how have you found the battery works for you ? Still turns the motor easily ? And, does it continue to rev out properly ?

I'm very interested in this easy weigh reduction mod, provided of course it works :)

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
798 Posts
unless your alt is about to blow a battery will have no effect on rev's
battery just starts the bike

·
Registered
828 Posts
True, except it also supplies the juice for the ECU, ignition and fuel pump. Interesteingly, while the kit manual includes a lower-rated generator, it also specifies retaining the original 10AH battery, even with a 'stripped' loom not runnig all the road crap. That makes me wonder if the OEM generator is barely enough to top up the battery under heavy load.

Let me add that as electrical engineers go, I'm an excellent bank manager, so this is all pure supposition (hence the question) :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
828 Posts
:+1: im not taking the chance of the bike not having enough juice to start to save 4 pounds, id rather just put my fatass on a diet, o wait i am 16 pounds down already :thefinger
I hear you, but why not do both ? :)

I've had a look in our loca Yuasa catalogue, and they list an 8.6AH battery that weighs 3.2 kg (7 pounds) ; may give that a try, but I'll do some research and see if I can find something a little smaller first. I'm going to pull the starter motor out eventually, so all it needs is enough to run the engine systems properly.

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 20 of 24 Posts