Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used them twice before and never really had an issue but here's a warning..

I ordered a bunch of parts from them for my stable. They didn't have 1/2 the parts and are cross shipping from other vendors to fill the bill. Due to delays in getting these parts I probably won't see my order for 2 weeks.

I called to cancel the order since I can get everything in my hands locally in 48 hours. They wanted to charge me a restock fee for everything that's being cross shipped.. cost me 80 bucks for something that isn't in travel to me? Sounds very weak.

I wouldn't mind paying a restock fee if it was in transit to myself but for something that hasn't been shipped my way, I don't think I should be charged for that.

You've been warned.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ordered boots from them about 2weeks ago and found out 2 days later that they were out of stock. It took 3 emails and 3 voicemails over a 5 day period before they refunded my money. I will not do business with thme again!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I ordered my parts from RonAyers, no problems at all. I looked at Bikebandit and their prices were higher and they didn't have 1/2 the parts I needed.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
byebyebusa said:
I've used them twice before and never really had an issue but here's a warning..

I ordered a bunch of parts from them for my stable. They didn't have 1/2 the parts and are cross shipping from other vendors to fill the bill. Due to delays in getting these parts I probably won't see my order for 2 weeks.

I called to cancel the order since I can get everything in my hands locally in 48 hours. They wanted to charge me a restock fee for everything that's being cross shipped.. cost me 80 bucks for something that isn't in travel to me? Sounds very weak.

I wouldn't mind paying a restock fee if it was in transit to myself but for something that hasn't been shipped my way, I don't think I should be charged for that.

You've been warned.
Well, if they ordered it on your behalf and it's in route to them to be sent by you, why should they have to eat it without a stocking fee? That's just business. I can fully understand why you're so frustrated. Been there and done that myself. And I wouldn't be happy about the restocking fee either, but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry. If a business orders something that they don't stock there are probably very few of them that won't charge you a restocking fee if you cancel after it's enroute to them. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
El Diablo said:
but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry. If a business orders something that they don't stock there are probably very few of them that won't charge you a restocking fee if you cancel after it's enroute to them. :dontknow:
Well that's what I found out about BikeBandit.. they stock VERY FEW OEM parts, and of course the most expensive part I ordered (pipe for the quad) wasn't in their hands so I got burned there too. Like I said origionally said, I've ordered from them twice before, there won't be another time.. to many vendors are out there willing to take my money.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
byebyebusa said:
Well that's what I found out about BikeBandit.. they stock VERY FEW OEM parts, and of course the most expensive part I ordered (pipe for the quad) wasn't in their hands so I got burned there too. Like I said origionally said, I've ordered from them twice before, there won't be another time.. to many vendors are out there willing to take my money.
I've never bought from Bike Bandit but I've read nothing but praise for them before this thread. Not sure what everyone else in this thread's "bad experience" has been with them but I've had something similar to what you outlined with plenty of online retailers, both on bike stuff and on camera stuff. Very few online places actually physically stock much of what they sell. Most of the time if you order a single item, or a couple items that they will get from a single source you won't know about it because it all ships at the same time and usually pretty quickly. Sometimes your order will even drop ship directly to you from the distributor or manufacturer. If your order includes several items that have to come to the seller from multiple different vendors it all comes to them and nothing ships until it's all there so they don't have to pay multiple shipping charges... or charge you multiple shipping charges.

If you start "not doing business ever again" with places over stuff like this you'll soon not be able to buy from any online seller. If you order multiple items sooner or later every shop you deal with is going to run into the same snag you had with BB. Fwiw, I've only ever completely stopped buying from one online seller and that was due to bald face lying about the status of an order that took weeks to get even though it was supposedly "already shipped" multiple times. The rest of the online sellers I've used still get used, but I call and check stock on everything I order before I order it so I know up front if it's going to go like yours did.

I'm not trying to convince you to give Bike Bandit your money again at all. I'm just sayin' that what happened to you on this order is just as likely to happen to you regardless of where you order a sizeable order of bike parts on the net. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I just use them to get part numbers.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Ive ordered from Bike Bandit several times, always recieved my order very quickly...Sometimes they have better prices than ron ayers, sometimes more pricey, but overall im satisfied

·
Registered
614 Posts
El Diablo said:
And I wouldn't be happy about the restocking fee either, but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry.
No, it's called a dynamic website that is linked to the stock database so that when you place an order you know if it's out of stock, on order or about to arrive and the prospective dates etc. It's done on other sites but some places just need to lift their game if they want to be competitive and survive.

For a good example of this visit www.jensonusa.com which is probably the best online website I've ever used. It's MTB parts but you get the idea. Until I see something better this is the benchmark that other sites need to be measured by.

For smaller companies you obviously need to call and make sure they have the stock. When their aim is to make you buy their product and if you are mislead or simply lead to believe that it'l arrive in the next few days only to be told later that it is on backorder, it is simply not good enough.

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
i always use the site mainly for the great parts breakdown illustrations, but my brother bought alot of parts for his dirtbike and had no problem with them, guess it just depends on what you order and when???

·
Registered
754 Posts
I ordered frame sliders, spools and a couple of stickers from them. Week and a half later, I went online to find out where the hell my stuff was. I went to their live help and was directed to the order status page.

Checking the order status, one item was discontinued (stickers), spools were unavailable (not sure what this means and if it's any different from disc.), and sliders were soon to arrive to their stock.

I placed an order for the spools and sliders with Lockhart Phillips and had the items within a week. A week later, I remembered that I had never cancelled the Bike Bandit order - so I e-mailed them to do so (no problem with the cancelation). I also received a survey from them which I used to explain my frustrations. I also explained that in this day and age, people do expect COMMUNICATION, and parts to be shipped within a week.

Summary, I would never use them again.

·
Registered
754 Posts
El Diablo said:
Well, if they ordered it on your behalf and it's in route to them to be sent by you, why should they have to eat it without a stocking fee? That's just business. I can fully understand why you're so frustrated. Been there and done that myself. And I wouldn't be happy about the restocking fee either, but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry. If a business orders something that they don't stock there are probably very few of them that won't charge you a restocking fee if you cancel after it's enroute to them. :dontknow:
In defense of Byebyebusa, Bike Bandit's communcation is pretty nonexistant. It wasn't until a week and a half after I placed an order and I contacted them to check on it did they let me know that three out of three items were not available. In the case of Byebyebusa, if Bike Bandit did not contact him to let him know that the parts were not in stock and it would take a month of Sundays to get, I would absolutely, without hesitation make them eat the restocking fee. And, I wouldn't even lose any sleep over it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts