Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 zx-6r. when i push the ignition it starts to turn over for about half a second then makes this obnoxious buzzing sound. i haven't started it in a few weeks.

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
sounds like what mine did, i had to get a new battery

·
Registered
973 Posts
You..

2005 zx-6r. when i push the ignition it starts to turn over for about half a second then makes this obnoxious buzzing sound. i haven't started it in a few weeks.
Need a new battery dude....Yuasa (I think is the brand), about a 90 to 120 bucks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FUCK.

i knew it was the battery, but god damn, 90-120 bucks? what a rip. won't be riding for another few weeks again. hooray!!!!

i haven't rode since october.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how in the fuck am i supposed to get to the batterY???????

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
figured it out. i have a battery charger and i'm trying to charge it, but my charger is 12v 6a and it says to use 12v 9a for .5 hours. amp is just the amount of charge per second anyways, so i think it'll just take a little longer.

·
3,008 Posts
good luck!! the battery i got only cost 67 but they gave me a discount cause i got it at the dealership that i bought the bike at.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i never thought about that, i might ask them.

well i charged the battery and it works perfect now.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
oh i never thought about that, i might ask them.

well i charged the battery and it works perfect now.
Glad it works! I know I need a new battery b/c once charged it dies in a day or two if I don't ride :headshake

·
Registered
973 Posts
You will need to buy a battery dude...nothing worse than bump starting a new bike in front of a crowd...LAME and embarrassing!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad it works! I know I need a new battery b/c once charged it dies in a day or two if I don't ride :headshake
yeah you're probably right, that sucks. oh well i'll find out today after work :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will need to buy a battery dude...nothing worse than bump starting a new bike in front of a crowd...LAME and embarrassing!
hahaha that would be pretty funny.

·
3,008 Posts
sad but it sucks!!! after i charged mine got it started and at the first light i come to.(first ride after winter) i killed it, and it wouldnt start, had to push it to the side and stand there till my uncle came to jump it :eek:/ after 2 times i let him ride it home cause he could keep it running (he has better experiance at rideing and not killing it, i trusted him to ride, hes rode for 15+ years)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts