Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in north Florida and just recently the past few days its been heavily pouring down. Finally weather has cleared and now tried to start it.. first attempt the bike started up fine.. then 5-10 sec later it died on me. Fuel pump primes fine battery seemed good.bike is able to crank and turn over for about 1 sec then dies.. need help shit is making me go crazy

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Water in the fuel tank most likely.

·
The Pace
7,014 Posts
amsoil small engine fuel injector cleaner stuff will clear water, and I think there's other stuff on the market.

Possible that NOT water in the system but water in the harness, whatever. Just wait a few days for stuff to dry out. Keep it out of the rain, in the meantime.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Sounds like a fuel or air issue to me since it started once and then died. When you flushed the tank, did you notice any water? If there was some, your injectors may be clogged since the water won't pass through. There's a product called HEET available at the auto parts store. Worth a shot to break up any residual water.

Wet electronics, side stand switch, coils, ignition switch, etc most likely would've dried by now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts