Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could be wrong. I removed 2 of the secondary butterfly valves and it wouldnt rev about 4000 RPM so I took it to get a custom map done. That didnt work so now Im picking the bike back up to put em back in so I dont get charged $60 an hour for them to try and figure out whats wrong. Will this fix my problem? Hass this happened to anyone else? :heyyou:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
if you took it to get it re-mapped does this mean you have a pc on it? please list your mods

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
What could be wrong. I removed 2 of the secondary butterfly valves and it wouldnt rev about 4000 RPM so I took it to get a custom map done. That didnt work so now Im picking the bike back up to put em back in so I dont get charged $60 an hour for them to try and figure out whats wrong. Will this fix my problem? Hass this happened to anyone else? :heyyou:
Im confused..

You removed the secondaries and then had it mapped..
Now I am wondering why the tuner who tuned your bike didnt notice this?

And when you said "2 of the secondary butterflies"... did you remove just 2 ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just put the butterflies back in and the bike still runs like shit. It has the same map that I used to run. I jsut changed the plastics and the headlight assembly on my bike. Is there a ground wire or something that I might have not hooked back up?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tuner said that he put the map that I used to have back on it bc the bike was still bogging out at 4000 RPM and he had the fuel at 100%.

·
Registered
724 Posts
It sounds like an airbox leak. I had a similar issue on my ZX9 when I forgot to hook up the ram air. Sounds like it's not getting enough air.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked all the connections around the motor and hoses, everything is connected. I disconnected the batter, then reconnected it after about 45 sec. Still does it. WTF is going on with it?!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lift the tank and pull the airbox lid off.... Then turn the key on and see if the sub-throttles cycle.

Ivan

·
Registered
328 Posts
once i lifted my cbr 929 tank and airbox and was able to joggle the throttle body positioning sensor and everything had to be resynced. acted the same way as yours is now. just a thought!

does it idle and accelerate smooth to 4,000. my cbr was real rough getting around there and wouldn't continue on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
not an airbox leak, the bike will rev fine with the airbox lid off. do you have any FI lights on? im wondering if you left something dis connected. if the butterflies where not opening at all this would happen. this would set off the FI light. try propping the tank up and starting the bike with the airbox lid off so you can see what there doing.

·
Registered
447 Posts
older firmware for the PC V has some error that will cause 1 injector to fun 100% all the time, it will cause a bog and sound more v-twin-ish. this can be fixed by being on the new firmware, they have had the fix for a while so if you already updated it chances this isnt it. V 1.3.0 I believe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts