Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my zx10r 06 was left on all night on one dum drunk night. Now it won’t turn on. Can anything else other then the battery be wrong with it? Thnx

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,687 Posts
If it won't turn on, that's because it's not getting power. :idea: If the battery has been replaced and charged and it's still not powering on, then verify you didn't pop a fuse. But if it sat all night with it on and it went dead, then the battery is likely toast and won't charge and it should be replaced. There's a lot of missing info here though, so I've posting my shot-in-the-dark based on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s sounds about right. I will get a new battery and start from there because it looks like this one is not charging. I will try it one time tonight After a ten hr charge. All fuses are good though. Thx for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Def. the battery, after the charge I tried it again, got lights on but the charge dropped to about 10.6v after trying it a couple times. Just wanted to make sure nothing would burn out from the bike being on the whole night ?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,687 Posts
Def. the battery, after the charge I tried it again, got lights on but the charge dropped to about 10.6v after trying it a couple times. Just wanted to make sure nothing would burn out from the bike being on the whole night ?
Lead-acid batteries tend to do that. Lithium batteries won't even recover to that level. Replace the battery and start from there to assess the other issues. You should be good to get it running after that though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas. Had some bad luck in the past with my zx7 just figured I ask ahead of time. The zx7 turned out to have bad carburetors. Bike was a nightmare. Zx10r is good to go though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts