Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a ton of posts and this is where I am. The fuel pump does not prime. Yes I have checked the kill switch. The starter does work but obviously not getting fuel. Checked the fuel relay checked out okay. Found the fuel relay is not getting power into the relay. Hard wired the fuel pump it runs no problem. This is where I am stumped. Hard wired the fuel pump from the battery. Fuel pump runs then I try to start and it will not fire. I read a few posts stating it might be an ignition switch issue. I also was under the impression that the fuel and ignition are two separate things. Can anyone guide where to look next. Guessing the ignition switch would be the complete key assembly? Would that be what I would need to replace?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Vehicle down switch can cause fuel shutdown or ignition forget which one right now but I would check that out and of course the other switches like kickstand and clutch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the problem. Ground wire broke off where it is soldered to the ignition switch. At least it is a very simple fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts