Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, kind of just lowered it to the garage floor :|

I was fooling around with my Pit Bull stands I'm selling and was switching from the one with the front handle to the rear handle, and something went wrong and it started going away from me. All I could was let it down as gently as possible.

Thank GOT for the sliders. The only contact points were the tires, the frame slider and the rear spool slider (that came with the chain adjuster). NOTHING else was touching. Had to get a neighbor to upright it, as after back surgery this year, didn't want to push my luck.

I did get two scratches on the rear rim where the stand caught the wheel, but easily touched up.

The first scratch hurts the most...but I got TWO so I'm past it now :grin2:

I'll get a couple of coats of paint in those scratches and buff it a little...or think of some cool vinyl design on the rim.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Ugh. Not a fun feeling. At least it went down easy, with minimal damage.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Like you said, we're always glad of crash bungs at times like these, and we've all been there !

Hurts for a week or so, especially with a new bike, but we gradually begin to accept that blemishes are unavoidable unless we keep,our bikes wrapped in cotton wool and never use them

Carefully applied touch up on those rims will work just fine (I used black nail polish when it came back from the tire fitters ) :smile2:

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
all good. I wouldn't think about the scratches. I know the feeling of a pulled muscle when things go to shit and simply can't do what needs to be done. Only time I have to wife to assist is when injured and in nerve pain and that's always a cluster but she pulls me through yet the cost is high. lol Neighbors are the best option. Been there on that. Even my postal carrier, a rider, helped once on a tight situation with a shock. He was there.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
My bike was brand new!the house we were in had decking all around with a steep driveway!the deck had retaing walls around 2 foot high but flush with the driveway at 1 point!plank of timber worked getting onto the deck so bike was under cover out of site!next day decided to go for a ride and used a car ramp to get up of the deck onto the driveway!I forgot car ramps have a lip to stop your vehicle dropping off the ramp!I moved the bike up slowly and the fker stalled on that ramp lip!went to put my feet down and all there was was fresh air and it just rolled over in slo mo trapping my foot under it!a few high piched help cries and the neighbor got it up and me out!cracked the large side fairing so I just cried internally and acted macho with the neighbor there and when he left organised the new fairing and hit the valium bottle and in 15 minutes 10mg of valium felt really settled and had lost all negative thoughts

·
Registered
461 Posts
ouch! been there done that!

I've had two falls in the garage. Had one get cockeyed on the pit bull stand and fall over.. had another spill thinking the kick stand was down and it was not. :dontknow: luckily i was able to kinda catch it both times and the frame sliders saved any damage.

I now have 2 bulged disk in my back and think it was from when the bike fell and was trying to save it from hitting the floor to hard. :badteeth:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This has happened THREE times to me in the 50 years I have been riding. Once my Cruiser (Honda Shadow Sabre 1100), once with my 2004 GSX-R1000, and now this. The Shadow broke a mirror (it stopped at the running board, but the mirror caught another bike), the GSX-R just leaned on the case and scared it slightly, and now this. But I guess if you have moved bikes around a garage as much as I have in all these years, crap happens.

At least it has ALWAYS been at home.:grin2:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah man having it happen at home is mucho better. It is happened to us all at one point or another. A friend of mine got a hole in his radiator for his 2015 R1. However, he noticed the bike over heating and coolant spraying out right next to a service station. So he pulled in and called me and I came and picked up his bike (he now has radiator guard lol). But if it had been on the interstate, bridge, etc he would have hard a much harder time.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Had it happen in my yard. Parked the bike, put the stand down, and a few moments later the stand slowly sunk into the ground and it laid on the ground. I was too far away catch it, but it just slowly laid down like it was going to take a nap. The second time wasn't so nice, fell over due to a crappy stand I purchased broke. That scratched up the swingarm really good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts