Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on the highway on a light turn about 50 mph and next thing I know I felt the bike go up and i was down. My bike went down on the clutch side and i went with it. all I remmeber was i was next to a semi truck going around a likght turn on the highway and boom i was sliding on concert. when i came to a stop i was on my back and I got up and ran to the shoulder. 3 fellow bikers from chicago riders club stop thank god right after i ran to the shoulder and they ask if i was ok and got my bike off the highway. This all happend in about 30 seconds. All i have is road rash and my bike is about 800.00 in damage. The emergency vehicles and everything where there in about 2m flat. We all went to the accidiet site at the next exit and I explained what happend. The Police felt it was something to do with the Semi truck next to me so they called it a hit and run. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have a wife and 2 kids and now i'm thinking do i have it in me to get back on or if time will take care of things. Any thoughts or question will be greatly appeciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
damn man, sorry to hear bout that. Take a few days off the bike , fix it, and then get back out there. Even though its not your fault, take some road riding coarses, gear up, and keep riding. Keep an eye out for hazards at every point and ride defensively.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
sorry to hear that, glad your ok

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Wearing gear?

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
had a lowside two weeks ago @ about the same speed slid for awhile and flipped over. No injuries not even sore...Ran to the bike tried to finish the session, but case leak and brembo lever gone...crashin happens everyone falls its how you get back up and what insight you gain...never go down without picking yourself back up and learning from it. Don't be ignorant always be learning. A coach I took a riding course once said, "they're all no accidents, only crashes." (a series of events lead to a crash and the majority of the time could have been prevented. Just like my lowside, too much throttle on exit, tight corner, increasing lean, = a crash because of improper inputs I imposed upon the machine. It wasn't the machines fault...

·
Registered
411 Posts
glad your okay... I'd say get your bike fixed and get back on it asap... the longer you leave it the more you could freak yourself out. Just take it easy for the first while, but get on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
glad you are ok, take it to the track. Not only safer, but will improve your riding for street when you decide to climb back on the bike.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,124 Posts
Im just glad all you had was road rash, it seems as if Im being reminded more and more lately of the dangerous side in what we all of us here love to do. Now heal up and get back out there.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Semi buffeting..

I notice when I'm getting passed by semi trailers,they create an awful lot of tail turbulence.
At the right speeds,either they're going extremely fast or I am slowing down for a ramp,and they pass me I prepare for extreme turbulence.
I notice it on my ZX10 or in my truck,it's there.
They create alot of drafts and turbulence,at the right speed,in a small enough car,at times you can draft behind them and let off the gas and you can feel them pull you along,drafting.
With the way our bikes are designed,the vacuum our radiators create to draw air in,could be working against you,if your close enough to a passing vehicle.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident. I always feel it is very wise to deconstruct the situation so that you learn from it and avoid a similar situation in the future. Good luck with the repairs and with the healing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody. I"ve decide i'm going to get back on after i fix the bike up. My father in-law also thinkg the semi draft could of been a problem. Thanks for all the support. Live and Learn indeed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts