Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was going to go riding this past wendsday. left the house made it a mile,heard something crack while shifting to 3rd and now bike is stuck in 3rd gear.any ideals.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shift spring? Is the lever limp? Selector drum? It could be just about anything in there.
no lever is real stiff and hard.i took it to shop they are thinking it might be a shift fork or something like that,but he wont know for sure untill he tears it apart

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Keep us updated. Hope it's not too costly to fix.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got bad news on the bike today.im not sure if the shift fork is bad or not but at this point it dont matter.my clutch basket cam apart and destroyed my motor.just for parts to fix everything bad not including labor is 2600.00. i went and looked at today and behind clutch basket is a 1 1/2 inch crack in motor.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Damn :headshake will insurance cover that?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
well i got bad news on the bike today.im not sure if the shift fork is bad or not but at this point it dont matter.my clutch basket cam apart and destroyed my motor.just for parts to fix everything bad not including labor is 2600.00. i went and looked at today and behind clutch basket is a 1 1/2 inch crack in motor.
You might want to just get a motor off ebay for like 1200 and install it and it would be cheaper than 2600. Assuming that it's no longer under warranty.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no insurance wont cover it i found a motor at a salvage yard here in ky.i went ahead and had the mechanic order it.it going to cost me 1300 for motor plus labor to install it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
This thread got missed it should have been moved to the right section along time ago, sorry the OUTHOUSE is not even close :headshake:...moved

PS...I am sorry to hear about the engine that blows. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
i have no edeal,all i know is the clutch basket came apart and put a hole in the engine.i just hope the motor i am getting from the salvage yard is going to be ok.
Sorry to hear that Ray. At least she didn't lock up on you at speed and do more than just jack the motor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Holyyy... 1300 is def a lot better than 2600 though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did you buy your bike new? whats the warrenty just for my knowledge on a new kaw? i always buy used...
yes i bought the bike brand new in april of 06.someone suggested calling kawasaki,and see if there was anything they could do.bike has 14,000 miles,i dont know ive been riding kaws my whole life.i called kaw today and they said they aint had any other complaints about the problem i have and cant do anything kinda pissed me off so i told him a was going to put a motor in it sell it and buy a suzuki.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This thread got missed it should have been moved to the right section along time ago, sorry the OUTHOUSE is not even close :headshake:...moved

PS...I am sorry to hear about the engine that blows. :badteeth:

bloo
sorry bloo,i aint that good at knowing where things go,im kinda retarded i guess thanks.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike. Glad to see another 10 in Georgetown , instead of another Suzuki . Hope you get it back together soon.
Mitchel:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 34 Posts