Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What The Fu*k.. Riding Last Night ... Bike Died Three Times While Riding Last Night... Fi Light Came On And Had To Hit The Start Button... Now This Is In Traffic On I 95...didnt Think I Was Going To Make It Home... Come On Guys .. Help A Brotha Out...um Tryin To Ride Today..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
How can you get access to those codes in the ECU?

Is there a scan tool (an affordable scan tool I should say) availible, or can you access it through the instrument cluster?

I don't remember any diag code stuff through the instrument cluster, but thinking back I guess didn't pay a whole lot of attention when thumbing through it...
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Omega said:
How can you get access to those codes in the ECU?

Is there a scan tool (an affordable scan tool I should say) availible, or can you access it through the instrument cluster?

I don't remember any diag code stuff through the instrument cluster, but thinking back I guess didn't pay a whole lot of attention when thumbing through it...
I haven't done it, but what you have to do is ground some wire underneath the tank, and some light will flash a certain amount of times and you look up the code for however many times the light flashes. I beleive its the FI light. Someone please elaborate...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
I'm not sure how to get the ECU code, but Hill, my 10 kept blowing the ignition fuse, found it to be a grounded wire. The service guy at kawasaki said he couldn't determine anything by the ECU.
After 2 zx-7's, zx-10 (1989), and a zx-11, i've come to the conclusion that kawasaki motorcycles DO NOT like to be fiddled with electronically or mechanically! They're very tempormental!
I'd backtrack your recent work and make sure everything is lined up and wire/tubes run correctly. (and check fuses)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me on several occasions. Right after i had my 750 mi. service I was riding on the freeway and the bike just cut off. Sort of like I hit the cutoff switch but I did'nt.It happened about 2 more times that night so I went and parked it,went to work the next day and heard it could be my pc3usb so went over the connections,nothing.To this day it still does it occasionally. I just got my factory pro v-stax and bmc so soon as I get custom mapped hopefuuly thay will end my problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I've tried that and still having problems, as a matter of fact it happened once today going to work.But any way I see you are from so. cal. maybe you we can hook up and hit Ortega or the Crest, never been to Ortega or rode with any other 10r's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,869 Posts
If problem persists check ground wires, pinch lines (fuel and air), if you have a pcIII check the connection and make sure they have snapped in....if they are all set try removing PCIII.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
I had this problem happen to me on two different rides from San Diego to Borrego. The bike would just shut off as if I pushed the cut off switch - I turn the key off and on and then a couple tries and it restarts.. that's while I'm riding at different speeds.
Both time, I had filled SHELL Gas. these were the only times I used Shell gas. I haven't used shell gas since and that problem never happened again.

I'm in socal as well.. lets get a group of zx10r's and ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
hmm.. it might also be my problem.. but it hasn't happened lately, so they won't be able to tell if I also have a bad tip-over sensor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
black10r_n_nc said:
What The Fu*k.. Riding Last Night ... Bike Died Three Times While Riding Last Night... Fi Light Came On And Had To Hit The Start Button... Now This Is In Traffic On I 95...didnt Think I Was Going To Make It Home... Come On Guys .. Help A Brotha Out...um Tryin To Ride Today..
What part of NC are you from? I usually ride just south of Fayetteville.

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,042 Posts
cali10rider said:
I've tried that and still having problems, as a matter of fact it happened once today going to work.But any way I see you are from so. cal. maybe you we can hook up and hit Ortega or the Crest, never been to Ortega or rode with any other 10r's.
Shoot me a pm next time your out, I have gotten together with a couple guys to do some riding out here.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top