Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 zx10 and last friday night i went run it at a local track and after a few passes the bike started missing at low rpm but ran fine when i would give it more throttle. It would mainly do it in the range of when you go to take off and not give it a whole lot of gas, but when you get it pass about 3000 rpm it ran fine. I know it did not hurt my top end because my bike was still running the same numbers as it did before the missing. So the next day i took the tank off and drained all the fuel out and put some fresh fuel in and some sea foam (injector cleaner) and cleaned out my air filter that was not dirty and it still does it. If anyone has had this problem or has any clue what is going on please help me out. By the way my bike is not giving me any FI codes or anything on my display.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking that could maybe be it, but being that my bike only got like 5000 miles on it that it could not be it. I guess that i could take a look at them. I was hoping that someone maybe had this problem before and i would not have to start checking things to see what it is. In other words " doing more work than what needs to be done".

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have an 06 with 14.5k miles on it, new plugs at 12k, and is doing something similar... crappy part throttle response? difficulty adjusting idle? dies occasionally at idle for no reason? those are a few of my symptoms. Def. not the plugs... I contacted a local shop of mine, friend owns it, good guy, he said the throttle bodies could be out of synch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That does not sound like quite the same symptoms as my bike. My bike has good throttle response and it has never killed while idleing. It is just when i go to take off when i really notice it.( If i do not give it a whole lot of gas taking off) Also i do notice it idles a little different. But other than that it still runs its ass off when i twist down on the throttle.
I went ahead and pulled my plugs this evening and i am going to try to go get some new ones tomorrow. They did not look to bad, but i know that just because they look fine does not mean that they are fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts