Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
237 Posts
Funny I've heard it both ways - some say motor mounts bolts too loose can cause cracks

Beautiful bike, are you still in contact with the owner? Hope he didn't bin it

·
Chairman of the Board
16,157 Posts
Funny I've heard it both ways - some say motor mounts bolts too loose can cause cracks

Beautiful bike, are you still in contact with the owner? Hope he didn't bin it
Im not. He lived about 50 miles away. I understood he had a slight accident on the way home with it actually though. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
[

Which gen? How hot is the temp? what's the day temp like?
some gens have oil cooler, some uses coolant to cool the oil. does the radiator fan turn on as expected?

My gen 3 (no oil cooler, heat exchanger to coolant), day temp, low 30-ish C (82~92F)

Hottest dash temp observed so far at stop lights, 102C (216F)
Normal riding temp 86~87C (186F), city traffic 92~96C (198-205F).
[/QUOTE]

The fan should come on at 213F if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Spyder550. Apologies for the late response. I live in Tulsa OK, My bike is Gen 5. 2018, and has only 2800 miles or so. I bought it before COVID but didn't really ride it much, because I have been working from home since. so the temps here these past two weeks have been very hot 100s+. The bike, when riding is around 173 to 183 under normal evening riding when the outside temps are in the 80s. When outside temps are in the 95ish, the bike gets to 216-218 while sitting at a traffic light. As soon as I start moving, it goes back down. I am only worried about when stuck at a traffic light. The fan comes on at 213/214.
Sky had recommended lowering the temps in the CPU but here (new to this town), I am not aware of anyone who can do that sort of work. The other option is to replace the coolant or add another fan. Looking at the bike, there is hardly any space for it. The CBR1KRR I had, had two fans and I was able to put a dipole switch that I would manually turn on at long stop lights. I am not familiar with the wiring of this bike much and I really don't like tapping into factory wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2009 and it was doing the same thing. I found out the fan was not turning on, the plug was melted. I got the bike straight from Kawi at an employee only sale as I had a family member who worked at corporate. Replaced the connectors and haven't had anymore problem. check out the wiring from the fan back. Connectors are under the fuel tank. Hope you get it figured out. Best of luck 🤞

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No everything works on mine. It is just too dang hot to ride in the City. When I take it on the highway, no problem. Its only the long stop lights.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts