Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new exhaust system, a full system. So since its winter I tore her completely down and cleaned the piss outta her. I put in block off plates, capped the hole where that hose went in but didnt do anything with that connector that came out of the smog unit. I had removed the radiator to do the headers but filled it back up with just deionized water. I downloaded a new map and started the bike, it ran, but had a real wierd idle like a big block wth a cam. I let it run for a bit but seemed to be getting weaker so I shut it down. Tried to start it back up, it fires but wont run. Before I go now and strip it all back to stock is there anything Im missing here? Is that dang plug from the smog unit an issue, I just did a search and found that on the 08 you jump the connector but couldnt find nothin for the 07. Oh yeah, my bikes a gen 2. Thanks guys, Im sure its something stupid but Id like some advice before I go any further

·
Registered
477 Posts
i had the same issue when i fitted my block off plates,i was told that the servo and block off plates only play a part when the throttle is closed,then i was told that they work at small throttle openings and at idle??i don't know who too believe on it but it definitely affected my idle(both cold and when hot)..i had a play with the idle screw and my fuel tables in the 1000/1250 rpm 0% throttle openings (i have a wideband air/fuel ratio kit fitted tho)too sort it out...or take it too your tuner too sort?. hope this helps..or the cheaper option is refitt the factory reed valves back in,but you will get exhaust pops alot!!.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I would recommend reinstalling all the OEM smog stuff and reconnecting the harness. To block the air injection, just pull the inlet hose off the air injection device and plug the hole with a rubber stopper. Then reinstall the hose.
Doing it this way is better because it leaves all stock connections and electronics in place, but it blocks the flow of fresh air into the exhaust. No more popping and no FI lights or other wierd crap.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^^ not quite sure how you could install the plates backwards but I removed them from the system and reinstalled the smog setup. Everything runs great now. I'm having my bike tuned up and valves done soon so I'll have him put them in then. Thanks for the replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts