Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a problem when i stick my bike in neutral. first off, its very hard to kick it into neutral, i thought it was just because the gear lever, or maybe the shifter up front wasnt adjusted correctly but i adjusted everything and its still doing the same thing. It's pretty hard to stick it into neutral or first gear....

second, its rolling when i put it in neutral. i would presume these are both clutch problems? the bikes got 8k miles and i have no idea of the past history on it. The clutch is just clunky. It clunks when i stick it in first from neutral, it'll make that HARD double kick noise when i finally kick it hard enough to go into 1st.

Clutch problem?:dontknow:

any help is appreciated..

·
Registered
128 Posts
better get to adjusting that clutch cable young sir!

and you may want to double check the angle of the dangle on your shift lever and rod

·
Registered
128 Posts
well it sounds like a def. clutch prob. did you adjust it all the way out and still no change? even til the lever itself was fairly sloppy and not tight?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Get a manual and pull your clutch plates an steels and check them out. Could have some bad/warped plates.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hmm...

Yea whatever they said...

Getting into first gear from neutral at a stop light can be stange you almost have to have some rpms for it to go into first, it does kinda "clunk" into first, but that just once in awhile....:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Yea whatever they said...

Getting into first gear from neutral at a stop light can be stange you almost have to have some rpms for it to go into first, it does kinda "clunk" into first, but that just once in awhile....:dontknow:
Hmm...mine goes into first really easy...almost like it wants too...only time that it really "clunks" is if i do rev it up...and neutral is feather light to find on my bike...or maybe I'm just worse to much worse shifting bikes...these Kawi's kick ass...

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
take your clutch steels and fibers out, stack all your steels and fibers separately and see if any of them are warped.
i really dont know but this sounds good and his screen anme is Cluch Master!
:dontknow::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I agree check your clutch & the clutch adj maybe change the oil as well if ya havent done it in awhile.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya this is a first for me as well guys. will definitly do all of the above mentioned!! thank you for all of the help, will update when i try and change oil tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
973 Posts
yea....

Hmm...mine goes into first really easy...almost like it wants too...only time that it really "clunks" is if i do rev it up...and neutral is feather light to find on my bike...or maybe I'm just worse to much worse shifting bikes...these Kawi's kick ass...
:+1:
mine too....probably user error

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
isnt that the whole idea behind neutral :heyyou::rolleyes:
I thought you where being a smart arse at first but your right it should roll in Neutral....but not by itself :heyyou::idea::spit:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
clunky engagement into 1st is pretty much normal and when coming to a stop finding neutral before stopping is the key otherwise you'll fight hell doin it when fully stopped.

As for rollin while in neutral yea thats the whole idea me thinks :wink:

BD

·
Registered
798 Posts
yes the wheel will spin even in neutral
first gear is noisy to get in to all of my kawasakis have been

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nah, this is my 7th bike in the past couple years. I know how the clutch should feel guys, this definitly isnt user error...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts