Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to the Kawa world. Just got a 2009 ZX 10R and bike is great. The only issue that I have noticed is that this bike tends to pull to the right. Anyone in this forum heard or have experienced something like this. Thanks for any input.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
:welcome:

Known issue with the Gen 3. No real solution for it and only speculation what causes it. Search and you can read a lot of different opinions. Kawi claims it the added weight of the muffler off the right side that helps pull the bike in that direction with the crown in the road.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check your rear wheel is centered ,mine was not and it pulled to the right. Check that front wheel is centered also, if not loosen fork clamps and bounce up and down and retorque the fasteners.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
:welcome:

Known issue with the Gen 3. No real solution for it and only speculation what causes it. Search and you can read a lot of different opinions. Kawi claims it the added weight of the muffler off the right side that helps pull the bike in that direction with the crown in the road.

Exactly whats Skydork said. I have had mine apart, have a light aftermarket exhaust, measured, etc, etc, etc. Problem has never gone away. Some people seem to have had it go away or reduced, but I have yet to find a 100% solid answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses guys. I was also reading another blog where I found that this problem can be caused by a small spacer in the front wheel. I am going to get a shim to see if this can help. Also, I am getting a M4 slip on to reduce the right side weight. I will post as soon I got this done to see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts