Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question for all you guys who drag your bikes. This past friday, I finally took my gen 1 to the legal drag races they have like once a month down here in san diego.

The question I have is something that I was noticing during my runs, the bike was pulling every so slightly to the right. First gear I was obviously just trying to keep the front down and the rear tire hooked. Second was alright, but mid way through and all of 3rd gear where the tire was barely touching or inches off the ground it definitely wanted to go right. And eventually got to the point where it was actually scaring me while full throttle through 3rd gear passing the finish line as I was noticeably pushing on the left grip to keep her straight. So I'd say sort of progressively got worse as speed increased and my times got faster.

Bike is pretty much stock running Dunlop Q2s with tire pressure lowered to like 22lbs. I've got a good damper on the front. I usually just street ride and mountains so I'm no pro as seen by my best time of [email protected], just something fun to do every once in a while.

Any ideas from you guys? I've never really noticed this on the street while screwing around...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are you running the same tires when your out cruising? Just the crown on pavement can make your tires wear uneven and cause a pull.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, I didn't actually check my front tire, but I'm pretty sure it was/is fine. And the tires are pretty much brand new. The chain adjustment is something that came to mind. If the back tire isn't perfectly straight then I can totally see this happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts