Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This involves a four wheeler problem. I have adjusted the valves on a 2005 300ex. But before that the bike when I start it it backfires and pops the carb off. It did it before and after the valve adjustment.This the first problem I have had with this bike.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
so how does this translate to a contest or giveaway:heyyou:

but what else has been done to the quad? mods? how many hours? it could be a few different issues that could be an easy fix. just need more info.

and sweet talk a mod to putting this in the right section and you might have better hits on advice.

goodluck man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Seems like a honest mistake by a newbie...will move to "General Motorcycle" section.

bloo

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
there you go colemancol, Bloo put her in the right section for you. now i bet you'll get the info you are after. goodluck to you!

and i'll give you a friendly :bump:

·
Registered
15 Posts
This involves a four wheeler problem. I have adjusted the valves on a 2005 300ex. But before that the bike when I start it it backfires and pops the carb off. It did it before and after the valve adjustment.This the first problem I have had with this bike.
cams in backwards?

·
Registered
555 Posts
ok here goes,an engine needs four things to run, fuel,compression,spark,and timing...so you have fuel and spark.i.e.. explosion in combustion chamber blows carb off.. next is compression... you have some compression, hence combustion explosion ,blows carb off. check compression either with gauge or finger over spark plug it should blow finger off of plug hole...next is timing everything has to happen once. check cam timing .check lobes on cam, if you have a air compressor remove spark plug, rotate motor to tdc on compression stroke, put compressed air in cylinder listen for air leak...my guess is intake valve not seating ....or timing chain jumped sprocket... hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts