Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded my bike on the trailer the night before for an early start in the morning. And after a friend mentioning about the suspension being compressed for about 24hrs possibly being harmful I began to ponder. I knew where I could come to find an answer. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? (BTW the bike is stock everything if that matters.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I,ve had mine strapped down for a week with no issues. Im sure people will say its horrible but didnt hurt mine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've trailered my old 900RR from Fl to SC to NC a few times and it sat tied down for up to 3 days and never had a problem.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've had mine on a trailer overnight a few times. Then again my seals were already leaking, coincidence???? Possibly lol. But no I doubt it, and yours will be fine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It won't hurt it one bit, the seals blow out either from extreme pressure (i.e. hard wheelie landing), age, and some just fail. But there is no pressure on anything but the springs when its strapped and those would take a long time to static compress. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
First of all, that is one funky ass trailer! What kind of crazy setup is that? Second, that looks like a good way to bend the forks to me. I know it's right near the axle, but for some reason I don't think I'd trust it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
First of all, that is one funky ass trailer! What kind of crazy setup is that? Second, that looks like a good way to bend the forks to me. I know it's right near the axle, but for some reason I don't think I'd trust it.
It's a 2M LazyLowder. They sponsor us. www.2msportrailers.co.za

I doesn't bend the forks. We've done thousands of km's like that, and all my mates trailer the same way, and there are no hassels.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
KTM bikes are shiped fully compresed

I am a big fan of the tries and unsuspended areas being the point to tye to.

On occsion I put together bikes for the local KTM dealor. Both the street and dirt bikes come straped to a crate FULL compresed. I have not seen any problems with 4 year models of bikes.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A lot of bikes come from the manufacturer fully compressed, a lot come with zero compression. One night certainly won't hurt, could a week long trip (bumps and such in transit)....maybe, but probably not. I know a lot of dirtbike guys swear by these "fork saver" things that go between the front tire and the fender, that keeps you from over tightening them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Can't get over how funky that trailer is... What the hell does that arm thingy do?

·
Registered
112 Posts
if you are really concerned get a pit bull trailer restraint. I do not have any problems and no straps to fool with. They are expensive but now that im back and forth to track all summer it is worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
its fine but if ur worried and u stop loosing the straps and before u head out dont forget to tighten them.... problem solved

·
Registered
515 Posts
Can't get over how funky that trailer is... What the hell does that arm thingy do?
There's a winch that lets you lower the load bed to ground level. Then you roll your bike onto the trailer, slot the front wheel in the chock, winch it back down, strap the bikes down and off you go.

Going to the track this weekend, will take some step by step pics of loading the bike and post them up for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ehh...... wrong thread.

i would worry if you were going to crank it down all the way. otherwise make it safe to transport and you'll be ok.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts