Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys to make a long story short, my bike was in the shop getting motor work for 6 months. I finally got the call to come pick it up. (he usually takes his customers bikes to the track to make sure they are running as they should... But given all the delays I was ready to pick up as soon as she was dynoed and put back together).... He said it felt good and strong on the Dyno. Well I get it home and I can feel it kinda spit and sputter once I roll into the throttle. I don't really think anything of it, so my and my rider take it to the track. I do my first pass and it does off the line at 7k (starting point). So my buddy who's a very talented rider and can ride the bike jumps on. Same thing @ 7 & 9k. So I call the builder and e tells me to bring it in. When I go to pick it up, he tells me that the numbers that were in the pc3 were nowhere close to the numbers he had put in while tuning it. Again he said it was running strong on the Dyno so we try the next weekend and its still like its stumbling with me and my rider.... Not quite as bad but we still decided to shut it down and it will be back in the come Monday. The whole process has been very frustrating because of different things with the builder. So far he is keeping his word about wanting to get it right and not charging for all of this excess crap goin on. I'm willing to bet that the numbers have changed again. Has anyone else ever experienced this type of problem??? I've had my pc3 and multihub for over a year. And an ignition module was added during the build. Any information would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to see if there is something the builder is missing by chance. Also looking for someone is to work on it if he can't get it right.... Any recommendations in sc,nc,ga. Would really like jnm but can't find any contact info.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Ive heard that happening to PC3s on here before I think. What all have u done to the motor?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you ask for the dyno result numbers upon getting the bike? I agree with BigCat10R, there were some issues with PC3 I guess it doesn't store/loses memory tuning or kinda like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts