Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
could be a number of things. if you had the work done professional take back and have them check it. if not take it to someone professional.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a number of things like? we didnt do any motor work the only thing that was changed was . put in a kn air filter and put on a bolt on exhaust. come on guys its seems so small> if i hold the throttle at around 1000 rpm it will run but when i let the throttle go it dies!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
a number of things like? we didnt do any motor work the only thing that was changed was . put in a kn air filter and put on a bolt on exhaust. come on guys its seems so small> if i hold the throttle at around 1000 rpm it will run but when i let the throttle go it dies!
not an expert but Throttle cable adjustment comes to mind.:idea::dontknow:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
not an expert but Throttle cable adjustment comes to mind.:idea::dontknow:
:+1: thought you meant motor work like heads, cam, fs, pc3. maybe running to lean. when you give it gas does it bog down?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check and see if the air flow sensor is plugged in on the side of the air box. You might of unplugged it (or it came undone) when you did the air filter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
havent really pulled the throttle. this is what happend i hooked everything back up and started it. it ran fine until it was time to idle than after that it keep dying . the throttle cables are fine. im juist kinda lost and a little angry! thanks for all the help guys ill take it all into consideration. and please keep the advice coming!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is the exhaust a full system?
If it is it could be to o2 sensor causing the idle to act like this.

And what year is the bike a 08?

You could put everything back to stock (I know it is a pain in the ass) and see if it run's properly and this will at least show that there is a issue with the after market stuff.

again this is taking a guess at what it is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not a full system, think im gonna get a phillips screwdrive and adjustteh idle and see if that works casue im not getting any warning lights or anything outta the usual.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Without details...you are just going to chase you tail. With the information provided so far...you could just start "easter egging" your way around the bike replacing everything. Details...details.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Without details...you are just going to chase you tail. With the information provided so far...you could just start "easter egging" your way around the bike replacing everything. Details...details.

:+1:

·
Registered
48 Posts
After looking at the picture of your bike I know what is wrong with it..
It is not Green. And as we all know the green ones are faster.
Jusk kidding.
Did you get your bike fixed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
if your holding the throttle to get to 1000 rpms, then my vote would be a throttle cable adjustment or idle adjustment.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fixed i thought it was a idle adjustment too! and it was thanks for all the help guys! took it for the first ride in 8 months, and as soon as i pull the throttle i realized how muc i really missed and how happy i am to have my bike back! better than ever! pics comin soon guys

·
Registered
973 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts