Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 ZX10R doesn't start without a push or jump.
I tried charging the battery... Same thing, it just clicks when I push the switch.
2. Installed brand new dealer charged battery. same thing.

Fuel pump primes, and all indications are normal when I turn the ignition, could this be a weak start relay? or a bad starter motor.
MODS: Power commander USB III.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'd check the connections at the relay because they're easy to access under the rider seat, (I'll assume the fresh battery connections are good), check your battery negative (ground) lead where it connects to the engine (or frame? don''t remember)

If you don't have a meter to check the relay with, the starter motor lead is the next and hardest to access. Might be easier to borrow a friend's relay for troubleshooting.

'02 - '05 ZX-12R
'04 - '07 10R
The ZX-14, Concours, Versys and 650R also use the same part. # 27010-1446

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Could be the relay...good call. IF the battery is new or fully charged then the ol' "click" is usually an indication of the relay or starter gear. good luck and hope ya get her up n running soon!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Relay it is! I performed the manual relay op check for open and closed ohm readings and wouldn't you know chatter all the way during the closed portion of the op check. I have a background in electrical egineering so I disassembled the relay re-soldered the ground terminal connection and it was good to go. Thanks for the help fellas.

Juiced
Kon Ban Wa and Arugato
"Japans Finest"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts