Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Muzzy and a PCIII.
If I'm off the throttle, and then roll on the throttle a bit, the bike jerks as I roll the throttle .. going straight this isn't a problem.. but it's a problem if I'm off the throttle during the turn and I have to roll on the throttle while I'm dragging a knee...

is this normal? is there a way around it?

I've updated my PCIII and tried a couple of different maps.. one custom for the bike and one custom for another exact bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Try Ivan's TRE, that may help you out with the on/off throttle transitions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
10inja

Try adjusting the throttle to zero/ 0 play instead of 2-3mm and see how you like that, but just make sure when you turn the wheel to full lock it doesn't effect the RPM's.

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,066 Posts
My bike had throttle play and I had the guys take out all the slack when they put in the PC III. That solved the problem...bike had the problem since day one and I didn't know it until someone who had experience with other bikes told me it was a problem on my bike.

Problem solved...no jerking through corners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
I adjusted all the slack out of mine, but I still have to be very careful in a turn, especially when dragging a knee... it's just very abrupt. I don't have a PCIII or anything though, so maybe that or the TRE might help.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
Older Guy said:
My bike had throttle play and I had the guys take out all the slack when they put in the PC III. That solved the problem...bike had the problem since day one and I didn't know it until someone who had experience with other bikes told me it was a problem on my bike.

Problem solved...no jerking through corners.
no jerking in corners or straights but when i'm off the bike the..o nevermind.:lol:

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I removed the slack out of the throttle.. I think it's better but it's still abrupt.. it's okay if I get on the throttle really really really slow... I just wish I get on the throttle quicker during a turn without trying the sport of drifting.

so, how would a tre work with a PCIII.. I though having a PCIII eliminate the need for a TRE.. is that true?

Thanks, You guys are great help.. even in personal issues such as jerking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Yes so does mine?

I wonder what the problem is?

Hmmm... Let me think...

OH!! I Know I know!!

It's the throttle response! Its the HUGE amount of power!

Didn't you read any of the magizine write-ups on the bike before you bought it?

They all said the same shit.

Hard to ride. Not for amatuers. Have to have great throttle control or the bike will bite back.

I think I can fix your problem. Take out some of your sparkplugs. Start with just one at first. Then take the bike out and see how it feels. If it is still feels a bit to jumpy then take out another. Repeat the process.

I would not recommend taking out more than 3 of the plugs however.
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
10inja said:
so I removed the slack out of the throttle.. I think it's better but it's still abrupt.. it's okay if I get on the throttle really really really slow... I just wish I get on the throttle quicker during a turn without trying the sport of drifting.

so, how would a tre work with a PCIII.. I though having a PCIII eliminate the need for a TRE.. is that true?

Thanks, You guys are great help.. even in personal issues such as jerking
The TRE in very simplistic terms modifies the ignition settings. The PCIII for the 10 does not have this capability. Ivan has maps to work along with the TRE for your PCIII.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to try the T.R.E... maybe I'll get one next month.. Does anyone here have one installed with a PCIII?
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Just a thought...

If you drag the rear brake a little, in a turn it helps settle the bikes chassis during on/off transitions.
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
dnwhoop02 said:
mainly we're talking about off/on transitions though....
Pardon me...the pricipal is still the same...it doesn't matter on or off or off or on,
it puts tension on the suspension and chassis so it isn't as likely to jump around..Try it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Pardon me...the pricipal is still the same...it doesn't matter on or off or off or on,
it puts tension on the suspension and chassis so it isn't as likely to jump around..Try it!
sorry, no. If we're talking about on the track, on/off transitions aren't going to cause the bike to "jump around". That comes from braking and sloppy downshifting... try it yourself...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ivan said:
This is the best setup....

I have PC3's in stock and deliver them with my map, for use with your exhaust setup and the TRE.

Ivan

Sweet.. thanks Ivan.. hopefully next month I'll get money and order one


... so.. the transition is little better now that I lowered my idle rpm and removed the slack from the throttle.. it's still abrupt but I guess it's a crazy horse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,066 Posts
10inja said:
Sweet.. thanks Ivan.. hopefully next month I'll get money and order one


... so.. the transition is little better now that I lowered my idle rpm and removed the slack from the throttle.. it's still abrupt but I guess it's a crazy horse
You can always trade it in on a Honda and then not have the problem to worry about...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Older Guy said:
You can always trade it in on a Honda and then not have the problem to worry about...
No way dude.. me and my ninja live together, die together.. Ninja for life

besides it's my first bike ever - I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
10inja said:
No way dude.. me and my ninja live together, die together.. Ninja for life

besides it's my first bike ever - I love it.
Finally we get to the real root of the "problem". Rider skill. No offense, but throttle control takes practice.

You want abrupt throttle response? Come ride my TL with High-Comp pistons and 1/5 turn throttle. The 10 feels butter-smooth.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top