Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a bad battery cause the bike fuel system to act up and cause the FI light to come on? The bike's battery went dead a couple of times. I have charged it and it has been fine before. But, a couple of months ago I started the bike and let her sit running idle. I noticed the bike was spitting a lot of fuel and it was leaking near where the exhaust pipe and can bolt together. It has never does this before. I put Fuel Injector cleaner in the bike. The FI light was off and I rode the bike around the corner a time or two. It seems to be bogging down and then the FI light came back on momentarily. I am at a loss. The bike was fine and then this problem started. :dontknow:

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
you might have a fouled plug or only running on 3 cylinders
Will a bad battery cause the bike fuel system to act up and cause the FI light to come on? The bike's battery went dead a couple of times. I have charged it and it has been fine before. But, a couple of months ago I started the bike and let her sit running idle. I noticed the bike was spitting a lot of fuel and it was leaking near where the exhaust pipe and can bolt together. It has never does this before. I put Fuel Injector cleaner in the bike. The FI light was off and I rode the bike around the corner a time or two. It seems to be bogging down and then the FI light came back on momentarily. I am at a loss. The bike was fine and then this problem started. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
time for a new battery,Yea they will not run with a low battery.You will not have spark.You will also need to change the plugs.
:+1:
Change it quick. A bad battery can lead to more expensive charging system repairs. I don't know how tolerant a metric bike's charging system is but I seen my harley neighbor go through a stator and two regulators on a weak battery.

·
Registered
763 Posts
When i bought my bike a few months ago i also had an issue with fuel leaking. Tracked it down to the fuel injectors, ended up just being an o-ring. If you get your plastics off, unbolt the tank (leave fuel line connected), and remove the airbox it should be pretty easy to see when you start her up. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts