Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my bike today. I loved her, but she had become a paper weight ever since I returned from the sandbox last year. I moved to Miami and I just have no time for trackdays and no desire to die on the expressway. I'm not in the Army anymore and so lost the luxury of getting hurt and still collecting a paycheck.

Besides, I could put the money to better use. I feel guilty even lurking on this site anymore now that I'm a full time cager. I have some stuff I'll be selling off and other stuff I'll just give away to you guys in the next couple of days or weeks.

I feel kind of like when I sold my 72 chevelle.. which was pretty shitty. It was very wierd not seeing my bike sandwiched between the Jeep and the cobra for the first time in a long time.

I sold her cheap on CL within 18 hrs of posting it, the calls and texts were overwhelming...like sharks smelling blood. I hope the buyer enjoys her as much as I did.

Rant over :badteeth:

Attachments

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
1. nothing is perminent, I'm sure there is a bike in your future. most likely the 2021 ZXTR660GP... Oh yeah, 224 BHp 286 pounds dry. Standard carbon fibre frame, ceramic pistons, no oil sump... yeah she is going to be wicked bad..

b. A motorcyclist is something you are... not something you own. It is a state of mind, not a title in your safe. That has not changed... most likely never will... It's in your blood... you have a throttle cable where your appendix should be... you may have extra titanium screws in your body... and perhaps a little less skin.

of course you are welcome here, bike, no bike... Hell, I don't even own a ZX10R and i'm here.

Carry on smartly, chin up, helps you look at the horizon, which is where your future is at... and unless I am horribly mistaken... I see two wheels there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same here, I am thinking about selling my gen 4 too. It is in new condition but got to get rid of the old lady......if she fights me in court I may need the money as a nest egg.....we will see.

·
Registered
414 Posts
1. nothing is perminent, I'm sure there is a bike in your future. most likely the 2021 ZXTR660GP... Oh yeah, 224 BHp 286 pounds dry. Standard carbon fibre frame, ceramic pistons, no oil sump... yeah she is going to be wicked bad..

b. A motorcyclist is something you are... not something you own. It is a state of mind, not a title in your safe. That has not changed... most likely never will... It's in your blood... you have a throttle cable where your appendix should be... you may have extra titanium screws in your body... and perhaps a little less skin.

of course you are welcome here, bike, no bike... Hell, I don't even own a ZX10R and i'm here.

Carry on smartly, chin up, helps you look at the horizon, which is where your future is at... and unless I am horribly mistaken... I see two wheels there.

:+1:

Totally agree with B. :lol:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You are a classy guy and I thank you. I hope the new owner respects your 1/5 th insert like I did.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sold my bike today. I loved her, but she had become a paper weight ever since I returned from the sandbox last year. I moved to Miami and I just have no time for trackdays and no desire to die on the expressway. I'm not in the Army anymore and so lost the luxury of getting hurt and still collecting a paycheck.

Besides, I could put the money to better use. I feel guilty even lurking on this site anymore now that I'm a full time cager. I have some stuff I'll be selling off and other stuff I'll just give away to you guys in the next couple of days or weeks.

I feel kind of like when I sold my 72 chevelle.. which was pretty shitty. It was very wierd not seeing my bike sandwiched between the Jeep and the cobra for the first time in a long time.

I sold her cheap on CL within 18 hrs of posting it, the calls and texts were overwhelming...like sharks smelling blood. I hope the buyer enjoys her as much as I did.

Rant over :badteeth:
Man at least ya sold her and not out a bike because of some low life thieves like I am. You will pick up another bike someday...may not be another ZX10...but 2 wheels IS 2 wheels. Hell...im looking at non ZX10 bikes to replace my stolen gen2. Stick around on here....keep looking at the for sale section...something will catch your eye one again one day! :eek:ccasion1

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts

So true. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
That is a beautiful bike, I must say. Im just gonna have to agree with Rifleman on this, thats the truth. Dont get too down on yourself, when the bug bites to ride, it doesnt stop. I felt the same way when I sold my 03 CBR600RR in January 08. Just a bad feeling in my gut about it. Miss that bike a lot because it was my first one. Time goes on and you will find another. No two ways about it. Like Rifleman said, a rider is whats in your blood. That will never change, and you are always welcomed to be on this site.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Good points from Rifleman. They make new bikes and sell used ones every day. When the itch needs scratching and the time is right you can pick yourself up another one. Until then you can rest in the fact that you did what you thought was right for yourself and your family. By the way, you are pretty close to Homestead AND PBIR. Just sayin...:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
JLG he has 2 local tracks actually. Depending on where he lives in Miami he has homestead raceway about 30-45 minutes away, and PBIR about an hour away. Florida trackdays does a trackday usually once a month at either of those 2 venues. I will agree with the OP though that street riding down in that area just isnt any fun at all. When I moved to Sofla I all but quit street riding.

To the OP, I wish you the best in whatever your future brings, and a huge thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The truth is I have way too much going on with family time, the business, and other hobbies (RC trucks with the kids, boat, etc). I also lost my heart in the bike when I realized just how easy it is to take a dirt nap after coming back from camp sunshine last year.
Like anything in life, if you really want it and believe it you'll do it. I remember gladly packing the entire family and driving 4 hours to Jennings GP when I was in Georgia, but I found a million reasons why I couldn't make it to Homestead which is 20 minutes away.
I think I'm going to chill for now, get rid of some stuff, but I'll keep the tire warmers and other stuff because in a few years I'm going to buy me a beater track bitch to do my thing.
Thanks for all the support guys, I didn't realize how stupidly attached you get to these things. You guys have always been great

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
All good bro a new chapter in your life...

The best will be the next time you are around some other riders and they ask if you ride... Then you can tell your story...

Again, the next chapter in your life and it's all good.

So now you have time to work on arm wrestling:mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts