Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED: see post below also!

yeah so my FI light is on, and i did the procedure to get the light to blink and check what was wrong. the test worked, but i'm not 100% confident that i'm reading the series of blinks correctly. i have made an AVI video of it, but i dont have anywhere to upload it to... so if someone can host it, then that'd help a lot...

anywayz the bike has a full Arata exaust, PCIII usb and has a custom dyno map. obviously the exaust valve is disconnected from the exaust system. the exaust valve wires are still connected. previous owner said the shop that installed the exaust and dyno tuned the bike, forgot to do some step to turn off the light, and that the previous owner never went back in to the shop to have the light turned off. bike runs great, no problems at all. idles great, increadable power, go dyno results to prove it blah blah blah

the light is basically giving me a code like this:

XX----XX----XX----X-X-X-X REPEATS

with X being when and how long the FI light goes on, and the - being time inbetween.

i think its telling me an exaust valve sensor problem (the exaust valve is compleatly disconnected and removed...and yeah the FI light was on before i disconnected it and removed it).

:eyecrazy: HELP !!! :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ooooooook update

ok so i plug the exaust valve thing back in, do the check again, light goes off, stays off....

funny - considering the exaust valve wires were always connected before; why was the FI light on?! and why would disconnecting the wires, testing it, reconnecting it, testing it again - cause the light to stay off?

soooooo now the question is - how to i dummy wire it up so the bike computer thinks the exaust valve in plugged in (so that the light doesnt go on), but actually have the big heavy exaust valve thing removed from the bike.....?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
choice 1: Leave the servo motor in place and electrically connected but with no cables attached to it. This is what most people do. To save the 1 lb of weight, skip lunch.

choice 2: Buy the widget from Ivan that plugs into the wiring harness to allow the servo motor to be eliminated. Don't try to re-invent it.

There could be some cases where a fault code is stored until the codes are deliberately scanned. It happens on OBD-II cars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah thats what i was figuring about it not clearing the code until the code was scanned and 'reconized'

that 1lb is a lot!!!!! hahaha naw, i'm more concirned about the bulkyness of the exaust servo, i got an alarm and PCIII, and want as much room as possible in the tailsection for water or wallet or whatevera

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I used Ivan's eliminator thingy. Works great and frees up some room for a pc or ignition module.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
good to have a review on Ivan's thingie.. $110 price tho , for me i'm gonna have to wait - other, cheaper, more beneficial mods must come before one that simply turns an annoying light off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts