Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone assist me with a good communcation device. My wife is starting to ride and wants to be able to talk to me when we ride. My brother said "Why, You just got her off you back now you want her in your ear" LOL

Did not want a Chatter box haning off my Carbon HJC.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I use a Chatterbox FRS. Having it hanging off the helmet has not been a problem.

But you kinda have to care for the units because there are not built really well. Just be gental with the knobs and it should be fine.
The Helmet mount isn't the best for some helmets. So we actually hardmounted the clip. Now no worries. And no we did not hurt helmet integrity.

Rarely do I need to use it beyond its range. Claimed range is 2mi. Actually range is about 1/3 mile, but works great for what we need. We also plug in our MP.3 players right to the unit.

Have talked with friends that own the digital units and it works fine there too!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have a pair of chatterbox headsets for sale cheap if interested they work great used 15 times selling cause my buddies sold there bike and have no need for them

·
Registered
142 Posts
My wife and I have the Collett 900s. Recommended by Motorcycle Consumer News. Since I have never gone wrong getting something they recommend, we got them. We got custom earplugs with good Shure hearphones in them from the woman who comes to the winter motorcycle shows around the country. The earplugs are awsome on a plane or on our bikes. On a plane, I put them on and it is much quieter than using those $ 300.00 Bose ones. I can listen to my cds too. My wife has two units. One is for sitting behind me on my VFR 800, connected by a cable and the other is wireless when she is riding her GS500.

MCN recommended the Colletts because they have a very good voice activated mike that looses almost nothing in the time it takes to turn on and it is almost impervious to wind noise. Mine will come on when I get to about 80mph, but I shouldn't be talking to anyone when I'm going that fast.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Sorry I have had experience w/ the chatterbox and you can also put it on your belt or such if you desire. Have to buy some seperate cables and all but I have had 100% success w/ mine and it works fantastic in my opinion.

Although I mount mine on my helmet (old scorpion exo-700...wouldn't put it on my AGV Ti-tech plus it didn't work as well with the ear pieces) but I imagine it would be the same on the belt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an Autocom, along with my best friend and brother. It is everything they advertise and more, the VOX works at any speed, the sound is incredible, and you get to choose what radio (FRS, GMRS, CB) you want to use...we all bought the Kenwood 2 watt. My experiance with chatterbox and the like has been, don't waste the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts