Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAD THE BIKE IN NEUTRAL YESTERDAY REVVING THE ENGINE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE LUNGED FORWARD. AFTER PICKING HER UP AND PRAYING FOR NO DAMAGE..MY FOOT PEG BROKE AND NOW SHE MARKING NEUTRAL BUT THE BIKE IS ACTUALLY IN GEAR--AND I CANT CHANGE GEARS--LIKE THE TRANNY CEASED ON ME. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED .THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE ..ANY HELP GUYS..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine ceased

dude, I'm totally stuck on this one. no ?I was revving it about 7-8 grand and it jumped into gear---the only thing i'm thinking is that it wasn't fully in neutral--you know how sometimes you shift into neutral but you have to shift a little harder because it hasn't fully engaged ..I've never seen something like this..

·
Registered
354 Posts
That sucks!

Take it to the dealer and tell them it was warming up on the stand and it jumped into gear, And your pissed! And if they don't fix it your gonna call a lawyer!

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Have you tried to start her up and then roll the bike and shift while the bike is in motion, it doest take much, try giving it a shot its worth it if your stumped who knows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes tried it all

Yes i tried everything, rolling it and again it stuck in gear, a member in my club father is owner of a kawasaki dealer so we just dropped it off and the mechanic seems to think it's a tranny problem and it will take a week or two to fix ,warranty covered hopefully...I'm glad I didn't sell me zx6r--i would go nuts..

·
Registered
801 Posts
I was revving it about 7-8 grand and it jumped into gear---

Thats the problem, you weren't reving high enough. If you would just rev it from the 11,000 to 13,000 rpm range in neutral it wouldn't of done that. After you get the tranny fixed give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
370 Posts
DB said:
Thats the problem, you weren't reving high enough. If you would just rev it from the 11,000 to 13,000 rpm range in neutral it wouldn't of done that. After you get the tranny fixed give it a try and you'll see what I mean.
I dunno if the idle adjust screw will twist in quite that far...
[smilie=b:

·
Registered
53 Posts
You had a false neutral and you either bent the living shit out of one of your shift forks or tore a dog off one of the gears.......never rev unless youv'e got the clutch pulled in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am no mechanic, but it sounds like the clutch seased, we had one locally do this....He rode the clutch while dragracing and it not only burned the clutch up, but he actually seased and shattered the first fiber plate to the pressure plate.....Damdest thing I have ever seen!! This unfortunately was not covered under Kawi warranty.....and the worst part, he is praying when they pull his oil pan the the other pieces of the fiber plate are in the pan, if not....well it had 700 miles and the bottom half of the motor will be rebuilt to find thoses pieces.....ouch....gald it was not mine.

Doug

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
seized?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts