Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot the cold air adds 20HP to the wheels... Holy smack! Decided I was gonna take a ride at lunch and jump on the Merit PKWY; it's the CT Autobahn. I go WOT in 1st gear and my left hand nearly gets ripped from the bike. I Felt like I was just learning how to ride again. Good lord the bike almost left me behind. The damb thing accelerated so fast it almost made me sit up from my tucked position. Damb this thing is a beast!:mrgreen:

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
yea man, ive felt like that too, haha

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
I love taking off in the cold, rolling burnout to a wheelie anyone? :thumbsup:
WOT in 1st with my little ass on the 10 = instant/gradual wheelie NO MATTER WHAT

·
The Movie Goer!
6,852 Posts
Be easy on that thing man! The bike is ALWAYS ready to fuck even if you're not! Start off with some gentle 4 play before you start bangin her wide open. :heyyou::thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've riden some quick bikes in my day and my 10R is the first bike that has actually tried to leave me behind while in full tuck. My ass was literally thrown back 3 to 4 inches in the seat and my right foot was blown right off the foot peg. Couldn't believe it !! :badteeth:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Those motors love the cool weather! Makes that thing feel like its on steroids

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
:crackup: @ Merrit Parkway being the Connecticut Autobahn SO TRUE!!! Might have to do the Merrit this Sunday :helmet: OR just keep it close to home and do the Jackie Robinson Parkway the NYC Autobahn a few times :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:crackup: @ Merrit Parkway being the Connecticut Autobahn SO TRUE!!! Might have to do the Merrit this Sunday :helmet: OR just keep it close to home and do the Jackie Robinson Parkway the NYC Autobahn a few times :badteeth:
Yeah, game day decision I may take a ride south to visit my cousin in Somerset, NJ if weather cooperates.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the biggest smile on my face reading these posts. Im picking up my 10 this weekend. Can't wait to share my story.
Okay one more... I ride with a few guys that have hondas. One guy is telling me how fast this busa is and says, "As my Honda 100RR struggles to get to 180 his buddy on the BUSA will pass him"...I'm like :dontknow: struggles to 180? My ZX10 looks like it's skipping numbers all the way to 189MPH:crackup:

Anyway, it's a blast and handles great as well!

Be safe have fun!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I had a nice ride this weekend, about 60 degrees. I rode with an 03 gsxr 1000, 07 busa, 99 honda 996 superhawk, and 99 900rr; needless to say I pulled ahead at every start. SO, they wanted to go rolling, drop in 3rd and see if there was a difference. NO! I was even farther ahead after that. WHAT A mother-f'n beast! LOVE IT

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
Be easy on that thing man! The bike is ALWAYS ready to fuck even if you're not! Start off with some gentle 4 play before you start bangin her wide open. :heyyou::thumbsup:
:crackup: good way to put it

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the biggest smile on my face reading these posts. Im picking up my 10 this weekend. Can't wait to share my story.
Well be careful dude. These bikes can be the best time of your life or your worst nightmare very quickly. Ride to your comfort level. Take it slow and you'll get there. I have ridden motorcycles since i was six years old, i'm 36 now. I bought an 04 10r this spring and i'm still learning the bike. Every time i ride it i find more power and i don't ride like a puss. Just use your better judgment and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.