Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i new my 06 zx-10r was running slow but no problems besides that. So ive gotten it put on a dyno they tried to tune the bazzaz. Only was at 91 horsepower, they removed the bazzaz & put a powercommander 3 on and got it tuning up to 105 horse, and then it stopped. Sooo im missing 60 horses somewhere ? Only ideas i have are sensors or cat converter clogged ? But dont think that would cause so much loss...please help

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
What's the maintenance history like? Air filter? Fuel pump?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Does it say ZX-6R on the tail fairing? :)

Seriously though, does it rev like it has a fuel pump issue or an exhaust back pressure issue?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Sidestand switch? :lol: Does it rev all the way to redline? Spark plugs, air filter, bad fuel pump.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
can you post a video of the bike running? It might help to diagnose the problem in trying to figure out where half of your power went.

·
Registered
974 Posts
leakdown check on all 4 cylinders.....then go from there, that will tell you a story and a direction you need to continue in.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
what kind of a dyno it was? And I still don't get how pc3 can get 15 more hp over bazzaz................are you sure they weren't pulling your chain?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
06 is known for crap intake valve retainers. chances are yours are atleast cracked. would check that too. but a compression test should show that as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what kind of a dyno it was? And I still don't get how pc3 can get 15 more hp over bazzaz................are you sure they weren't pulling your chain?
more into was they found my bazzaz pretty much dead. turned on but was holding readings. every run it was resetting itself, that's when I told them to pull it out and put a pc3 in, that held but it only tuned up to 105 after that install

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the bike sounds alright on my end.... doesn't sound shitty at all... just rides like shit power.

yes it revs up all the way to redline as well

·
Registered
171 Posts
I live in uk an we get imports where they are restricted an think it the ecu that causes this. Maybe could be your problem. More chance its not but can be possible

·
Registered
171 Posts
Another point maybe is ave u checked your exhaust valve cables arent back to front causing a restriction of gas flow?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I just reread your original post. Unbolt the cat and see how it runs straight pipe, if the power is back. Thatll tell you if the cat is clogged.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts