Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off some of you may have been following my sega about setting up my ten for some riding video taping. the idea was to get 3 bullet cams and mount one up front, back and maybe helmet. my problem was finding a switch to use to select between the 3 bullet cams since i only want to run one video cam to record the footage. ask kawaiiiiii, he has been following my progress since he has the same idea.

so here goes after wasting several rca cables and trying several different switches, my persistance has paid off. i found a rotary switch that has 5 selections so in essance i could use 5 cameras. well after working on it for a few hours this afternoon i finally have a switch that works. now before the orders start pouring in, HA, i am only going to run 2 cams for a little bit to test it out. i must say the video still looks good so it doesnt look like i lost any image quality. hell the switch only cost me a dollar so we will see how it does. it just feels good to figure something out yourself being that the only switch i found was for $175 for a three camera setup and that just aint flying for me. so now that i have mine figured out it should only cost about $20 with good quality rca cables.

dont start giving me the "where's the pictures guys" cause i am doing a full write up when i get it all done. should be by the end of this week. losing some perfect weather and group rides for some awsome videos.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
:ttiwwop:

hahah im just kiddin man. good job man, cant wait to see what ya come up with, im kinda lookin for a 3 way set up myself, i have a bullet cam i bought a long time ago that i have used a few times but i wanna run it again for some top speed runs and such but it would rock if you can do some selectable video input.

keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it works i just have to work on the wiring to clean it up some and get the lengths right so there is not a bunch of spooled up wire in the limited amount of space. so excited i wont get much sleep tonight and i have to work early in the morning. exhaust should be back, from getting ceramic coated, in a day and once the bike is back together it is time to hit some of our back roads. buddy told me one of our favorite roads just got resurfaced and is baby butt smooth. get the sticky ready in the "how to" section cause there will be a lot of typing and plenty of pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts