Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I really think a 636 can outrun a 10r, when it is run off of a cliff.

I was reading that thread on Kawiforum and was just sitting there laughing at all of the newbie riders and how they think a 636 can outrun a 10R. I owned both, dont get me wrong the 636 are fast, faster than any of the other 600cc bikes, but nor liter bike fast.

Some people...

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
can you guys post a link?

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
So BD whats you 60ft. Time? :lol: Put him in his place BD. Since I actually still own both bikes metioned I can honestly say the 636 is fast but I keeping looking for the ON switch for the power. The 10 would smoke the 636 no prob even with a hillbilly at the controls.

·
Registered
620 Posts
those are some dumb a$$ people, my 14year old brother knows more about motorcycles then those retards. Give it he has been involved in dirtbikes for a good while and has always been fasinated with motorcycles. I dunno, but some of those 10 owners are even off the wall with thier logic

·
Registered
119 Posts
sneaky said:
But I really think a 636 can outrun a 10r, when it is run off of a cliff.

I was reading that thread on Kawiforum and was just sitting there laughing at all of the newbie riders and how they think a 636 can outrun a 10R. I owned both, dont get me wrong the 636 are fast, faster than any of the other 600cc bikes, but nor liter bike fast.

Some people...

I saw 636cc running low's 10 in the 1/4 mile so If a Newby on the 1/4 mile on a 10R made 10.5 well.....:rolleyes:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Slims10R said:
So BD whats you 60ft. Time? :lol: Put him in his place BD. Since I actually still own both bikes metioned I can honestly say the 636 is fast but I keeping looking for the ON switch for the power. The 10 would smoke the 636 no prob even with a hillbilly at the controls.
i was with yah until yah said hillbilly:headshake :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
BryanB said:
. . .those are some dumb a$$ people. . .
You see, this is why I don't even bother with other forums. As 98% of em out there seem to be over-run with trolls and morons. Heck, the only other forum besides this one I'm an active member of is the one I'm the friggen webmaster of. Which BTW, it's new, and has very few members, but from the get go I've thought "Now, if I can only manage this the same way the feller's over at 10R.net have, this won't turn into a Gixxer.com" :lol:

Other forums are a waste of time IMO. That is, unless you just have a lot of time, or can surf from work.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
well i will agree my 636 if not as powerfull on the gas but i would rather be on the 636 in the twisties. I can kill gsxr1k ass on trackdays however me and trey are the same speed with him on his 10 and me on the 636. but yea..street and dragstrip zx10...trackday zx6

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Jay said:
I gotta get that dudes email addy...

So i can find out what he is smoking and get me some. :lol:
Because this thing sucks at sarcasm, The following is sarcastic-

What do you mean? Don't you have 636's winning your 1000cc races or even endurance races? See it all the time- not.:badteeth:

Not sarcastic- Tommy Hayden did beat the 750's at Daytona in 2003 on a 636, Remember???

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21266&page=2

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
In the end it all comes down to rider. If ANY of the supersports were consistantly faster than the superbikes, then what would even be the point of having the superbikes? And why aren't the lap times faster in similar classes (Supersport/Superstock, FX/Superbike)? While I agree, for us mere mortals, a 600 is a much better track tool, but when you measure the bike itself, the 1000 will be faster (with similar tech in chassis and suspension obviously).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I figured that thread would've died a long time ago, but they just keep it going. I had an 04 636 before I bought my 06 10R. I thought my 636 was fast as shyte... until I rode my 10. I sold my 636 to a buddy of mine and as I was driving it over to deliver it, I kept thinking "when did this bike get so slow?"

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
True, you got me there :lol: Really though, I'm what you might call a "lurking" member at an SV650 forum my buddy is a member of and they have similar arguments over there about why their bikes are better than the big bikes. Like I said, it comes down to rider on the street. Although, without a doubt, different size bikes have better strengths on certain roads/tracks. We have a road here local that is better suited for 250's than anything else. As a matter of fact we have a GREAT mixture of roads around here. If I had the coin I'd have the 10, a 6R, and some sort of SuperMoto!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts