Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Yeah he got dicked on that deal. I have to much of a temper I would of through my helmet through the officials window.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Yeah, that was some bs, he was so far ahead there was no way they would catch him.
He was even lapping faster than the 2nd and 3rd.
If i was him i wouldve just pulled into the pits ad quit the race (good thing im not him)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Guys, the penalty was NOT for gaining an advantage by cutting off the chicane!!! The penalty was for not re-entering the track between the white lines - the white lines are there for safety. The FIM takes safety very seriously. It was announced at the beginning of the weekend in a meeting in which Biaggi felt he was too good to attend, so sucks for him. Considering the penalty was based off a safety factory, I absolutely agree with it.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Guys, the penalty was NOT for gaining an advantage by cutting off the chicane!!! The penalty was for not re-entering the track between the white lines - the white lines are there for safety. The FIM takes safety very seriously. It was announced at the beginning of the weekend in a meeting in which Biaggi felt he was too good to attend, so sucks for him. Considering the penalty was based off a safety factory, I absolutely agree with it.
Maybe Im mis-understanding this. There were several other riders that went off roading during the race and received no penalty. Am I missing something? If it were for safety purposes why were no other riders forced to do a ride through as Max was?

·
Registered
160 Posts
There were white lines painted in the pavement, and the riders who cut the first chicane had to rejoin the track between those lines. Biaggi skipped the safety briefing in which the racers were informed of this rule, because he is just too good to be told what to do. And by the way, he was almost 0.5 of a second faster on the lap he missed chicane then on the one before, so he also took a time advantage for cutting it.

The penalty was fair and very well applied. Biaggi is very well knowned to be a sneaky and often dirty racer..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Maybe Im mis-understanding this. There were several other riders that went off roading during the race and received no penalty. Am I missing something? If it were for safety purposes why were no other riders forced to do a ride through as Max was?
Because they re-entered the track between the white lines. Watch Haga and Haslam - the first thing they do is locate the white lines and go between them.

There were white lines painted in the pavement, and the riders who cut the first chicane had to rejoin the track between those lines. Biaggi skipped the safety briefing in which the racers were informed of this rule, because he is just too good to be told what to do. And by the way, he was almost 0.5 of a second faster on the lap he missed chicane then on the one before, so he also took a time advantage for cutting it.

The penalty was fair and very well applied. Biaggi is very well knowned to be a sneaky and often dirty racer..
You're correct about everything but the lap time - he was only .1 faster than the previous lap.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
The WSBK official website lists the penalty as "for cutting a chicane in an incorrect fashion". I will re-watch and look for the white lines. If thats the case I can 100% understand and agree with the penalty.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The line are their for reentering in traffic. No traffic since he was like 7 seconds infront of everyone else...Total BS call and as far as any advantage the time should have been docked at the end of the race.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
At first I thought he got hosed but after reading that he broke a rule and didnt even bother to go to the riders meeting, fuck him. I hate arrogant pricks that think they are better than everyone else, and he fits that bill. Max MeOnly needs a checkup from the neck up.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The line are their for reentering in traffic. No traffic since he was like 7 seconds infront of everyone else...Total BS call and as far as any advantage the time should have been docked at the end of the race.
It doesn't matter if he was 7 seconds or 7 laps in front of everyone, rules are rules. Also, the rules aren't tailored for certain people in certain circumstances.
The other riders re-entered in the white lines, why couldn't he?
Maybe he learned a valuable lesson...

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Just watched the replay, he was WAAAY to right of the white line and riders were instructed to re-enter to the left of the line during the riders meeting. Max was plenty far enough ahead to enter properly but probably didnt know he was supposed to since he was too good to go to the riders meeting. Im not sure how the Aprilia totes that big @$$ ego of his around anyway.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
At first I thought he got hosed but after reading that he broke a rule and didnt even bother to go to the riders meeting, fuck him. I hate arrogant pricks that think they are better than everyone else, and he fits that bill. Max MeOnly needs a checkup from the neck up.
:+1:000! You summed it up nicely Mr Honez!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts