Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for certain zx10r parts over the years and most i have found have been expensive if as new condition.
There are some parts im after now on ebay but they will not sell for sensible price so i thought id get some quotes from kawasaki and sure enough the parts i want are cheaper brand new from kawasaki!
A clock bracket for a zx10r gen5 is 42.99 + vat where as theres one on ebay for 85 pounds with 10 pound postage. And gen4 ones for 100 pounds delivered.
The moral of the story is some parts new are not as much as you would think. Check before you get ripped off.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
As with everything research is key when shopping for stuff. Not only what you pay for them, but who you are buying from.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look at clock brackets for example especially here in the uk they are more on ebay second hand from just about every seller than what a new price is. Basically people (me included) expect them to cost a fortune new from dealers but infact kawasaki are quite reasonably priced.
That goes for lots of their parts.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
discovered that the hard way when I was hit by a car, after buying on ebay discovered that new was same price and sometimes cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts