Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be aware of one of our members selling goods on 10r.net.

I purchased a complete clutch off of him including the springs, retainers main nut, Basket, Pressure plate and all of the fiber/drive plates.

Here is what I recieved after waiting for over 20 days

There was no packing of any kind

That caused the fiber plates to get smashed around in transit

Not that it mattered because the entire clutch was burnt beond recognition

It is also missing half of the parts (springs, retainers, main nut, spider springs for the slipper, and the bolt that is missing here

Now with all of this I still gave the guy a Email to tell him it was unacceptable. He agreed it was too. Then that is the last I heard from him.

That was on July 13th.

I Have bought another clutch pack from a trusted member of this site since. He charged me $80 so I have asked 04kawzx-10 to reimberse me that amount and to finish shipping the rest of the parts to me. We will see how he deals with it if he ever gets back to me.

I hate to be dramatic and make posts like this, However there are guys like this selling stuff on this site, I would hate to see anyone else get burned like I did.

Justin

·
Registered
641 Posts
i have actually started to request that when I buy used goods off people online, that they pack it in such a way to avoid damage. Such as...

Thanks for the clutch, look forward to getting it. If you could please pack the clutch plates all in one stack and zip tie them together at 2 or more points, and wrap the basket in a towel/newspaper and put the bolts/springs in a plastic baggie to make sure nothing gets bounced araound during shipping. I bought something from a guy once, and it was packed so horribly it got damaged. Nothing good came of that. Thanks.

Anyway, something like that =)

Sorry to hear of your misfortune

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Still don't mean anything....like you never said how much you paid....you never said what the intent of the buy was for...should we assume like the seller....no for all we know you just needed the basket and not the plates and got the rest on a deal.

I am not saying your wrong in anyway but without COMPLETE details of the transaction from day 1 I will not ASSUME anything. :headshake:

bloo

·
Registered
641 Posts
no self respecting motorhead would ever pack a bunch of clutch plates, basket, and springs into a box and tape it shut and ship it without isolating and packing shockproof materials around vital parts. The guy had to know nothing about motorcycles beyond using honda polish for him to just throw a clutch in a box. Not that everyone can know what's up. I wasn't all that smart before I became a motorcycle mechanic, but I was smarter than that. Regardless, the guy deserves his money back. Can't do anything with a broken clutch or one that is missing pieces.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
speedgsx98;1259479 said:
no self respecting motorhead would ever pack a bunch of clutch plates, basket, and springs into a box and tape it shut and ship it without isolating and packing shockproof materials around vital parts. The guy had to know nothing about motorcycles beyond using honda polish for him to just throw a clutch in a box. Not that everyone can know what's up. I wasn't all that smart before I became a motorcycle mechanic, but I was smarter than that. Regardless, the guy deserves his money back. Can't do anything with a broken clutch or one that is missing pieces.
Agree but you never heard the full story NO one has for all we know the Intent was to just get a basket or something and this was for $5 plus shipping and maybe because of a low price the seller assumed it didn't matter......I don't really know I am sure it is a bad seller in this case but from a MOD point of view since we have been getting many CALL OUTs ON SELLERS LATELY I want FULL details from DAY 1 not WHEN YOU GOT PISSED WHAT ARRIVED AT THE END.:idea::wink:

BLOO

·
Banned
179 Posts
wow this is pretty shocking i just spoke with the buyer not to long ago told him from the get go i didnt package it the day he paypal check cleared that took about 5 days to clear i was working and my g/f took it to a local shipping place called goin postal and she texted me and asked if it was fragile and i said no,and i apoligize to the buyer and had absolutley nothing to do with the shipping time.....he in canada and im in nc and shipped it priority mail just as he ask the day it cleared but i offer him a refund and he said he'd rather have a lilttle money back and the missing parts so whats the deal my internet been down and i havent been on but let me know

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow this is pretty shocking i just spoke with the buyer not to long ago told him from the get go i didnt package it the day he paypal check cleared that took about 5 days to clear i was working and my g/f took it to a local shipping place called goin postal and she texted me and asked if it was fragile and i said no,and i apoligize to the buyer and had absolutley nothing to do with the shipping time.....he in canada and im in nc and shipped it priority mail just as he ask the day it cleared but i offer him a refund and he said he'd rather have a lilttle money back and the missing parts so whats the deal my internet been down and i havent been on but let me know
I have been PMing, and emailing you since the 13th. No answer on either fronts. I would be happy to work things out but without any response I was getting pretty worried (as to be expected)

***EDIT*** I will be happy to delete this thread if you do make things right. I by no means want to slander someone who does not deserve it.

Let me know if your actually interested in fixing this. I am pretty reasonable and would be happy to see this fixed.

BTW to the other forum members. I purchased it for $130. Initaily I asked for specific parts (all clutch plates and other peices) but the seller wanted to sell it as a complete set. I was good with that and payed promptly.

I have all of the PM's if I needed to make it more public. But he has seemed pretty resonable when he was answering the pm's.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still don't mean anything....like you never said how much you paid....you never said what the intent of the buy was for...should we assume like the seller....no for all we know you just needed the basket and not the plates and got the rest on a deal.

I am not saying your wrong in anyway but without COMPLETE details of the transaction from day 1 I will not ASSUME anything. :headshake:

bloo
Still no comunication from seller.

I paid $130 for it. I wanted just the clutch plates springs, and pressure plate and asked for it in my first PM.

He would not seperate it and wanted to sell it whole. I agreed in order to get the parts quickly. BTW I can post all of the PM's to prove it.

Over 3 weeks later it arrives, useless, unpacked, and incomplete. Normally it would not be a huge issue. However he won't respond to PM's.

Bloo, as a online community, do you think this behaviour should be tolerated? I have purchased many items from this site over the last couple of years. Never once have I been burned. That is something that I am sure all of our members would like to keep in the back of their minds when purchasing items from other forum members.

Or maybe I am wrong?

·
Registered
641 Posts
^you are not wrong. On many forums I am a member of, they have a "bad user" list withregards to the "for sale" forums. Not only that...on www.8thcivic.com, when you sell an item, you have to:

1)have a picture of the item
2)have a paper indicating your screen-name and date in the picture

That prevents fradulent selling =)

As far as transactions gone south, that's what the bad user list is for. Also, there was a minimum posts requirement in order to be able to sell on there, which I think is the case here.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
find him and set his wife on fire

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey buddy,

Get in contact with me. I just bought a spare motor and can set you up with everything you need...............
Thanks alot. However I bought a second clutch pack off of a member I have done buisness with before about 2 days after I found out this transaction was doing down the drain.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
haha some people have 0 integrity. clearly redline is not concerned with how you, or anyone, feels about it. just don't do anymore business with him.

also give him negative rep, that's what it is there for.

edit: not redline, that was a mistake

·
Registered
772 Posts
haha some people have 0 integrity. clearly redline is not concerned with how you, or anyone, feels about it. just don't do anymore business with him.

also give him negative rep, that's what it is there for.
the bad seller was another member. redline was just trying to help him out. i am pretty sure he had nothing to do with the original transaction.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
the bad seller was another member. redline was just trying to help him out. i am pretty sure he had nothing to do with the original transaction.
oh shit i'm sorry. i knew that. i meant the other dude kawx10 or whatever.

·
Registered
871 Posts
thats common sense to ship anything packed with bubble wrap news paper or something thats a damn shame sorry your out on your money and he wont respond to you

·
Registered
206 Posts
04kawzx-10=trashball! another person with no self-respect that cares less what their character looks like. That is a damn shame. Poor business and morals. I would shit in the box and send it back to him! What a tool!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
04kawzx-10=trashball! another person with no self-respect that cares less what their character looks like. That is a damn shame. Poor business and morals. I would shit in the box and send it back to him! What a tool!

http://www.poopsenders.com/

Looking for a great gag gift? Has some one really pissed you off? Don't get mad, GET EVEN. Send that special some one a big stinky pile of poop.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts