Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out the hard way that the locals up above Dahlonega in the Suches area don't particularly care for guys on sport bikes turning the twisties up there into their own personal slice of Nirvana. Evidently they have taken to prouring viscous liquids (the star of this story is automatic transmission fluid) on the road.

I was coming around a curve to the right...not a difficult curve and I was only doing about 35 MPH when my ass end started to slide. I corrected, but by the time I did, I was in the dirt and gravel on the other side of the road. I laid my 05 ZX-10R with 600 miles on the odo over on its side. She came to rest literally inches from a 10'-15' drop off. Turns out that there was a pool of fresh clean automatic transmission fluid (or some purple oily liquid) in the center of the curve. I later found out that this has become commonplace and that some cagers have even taken to trying to run bikes into gaurd rails, off the road and what have you.

I have a bruised leg and have done about $500 plastic damage to my new baby. All in all it could have turned out worse. It just makes me sick that people have the capacity to do things like this.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Glad youre ok man...thats dirty f'sho...attempt of murder I'd say!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd report it to the police and the news, before someone gets killed.........

·
Registered
370 Posts
vegasdude said:
I'd report it to the police and the news, before someone gets killed.........
Yep, otherwise, it'll be just another "dangerous sport bikers dies in crash" story....

Police have rules against racial profiling, why not vehicular profiling as well?

·
Registered
675 Posts
WTF??? Effen vigilante locals. That is a good way for the locals to get themselves shot or run over. Someone is going to get really pissed and shoot one of them pouring oil and shit all over the road. It is only just a matter of time. :angryfire :machinegu :machinegu

·
Registered
402 Posts
Same thing happened to one of my customers with his new 10r. It's sad what's going on up there. Another customer that lives up there said they hired a new sheriff and he's out to make an impression this year. Don't expect any niceness from the LEOs so I'm told.

I haven't been up there in a couple months...

Now I have no desire to return hehe...

I wonder what will happen up there when they scare all the bikers off? Gotta make $ some how....probably start pulling over bicyclists.

-Frank

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Years ago, this started happening on Muholland out here. Rumour at the time was that someone ended up being charged with attempted murder or something of the sort. Seems logical to me, but could have just been one for Snopes.com. :dontknow:

·
Registered
152 Posts
WTF???....thts messed up.totally.this is sad shit....gang up...get ur firearms and shoot those crazy retarded muthufuka`s...... :machinegu

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
in a closely related story, mt tamalpias is an off road area that pedestrians would tie piano wires between trees to fugg up the bikes...was a while back... maybe start calling the local government( as a cager) and try and irritate the public works dept to go clean it up, then maybe the cops will roll there at night etc....just a thought.... sorry to hear about the get-off from someone who only cares about themselves...i'd be fuggin mad as hell!!!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Wycked... What road where you on up there? I was thinking of going up that way on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oic! Kind of thought so but wasn't sure, glad to see you made it here man! Good bunch of guys/gals here.

Edit:

Glad to see you went with the kawi over the cbr! This bike is nuts...you're gonna love it even more!

Once mine is gone I'll have to stick around here to reminisce (sp?)

-Frank

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
You need to Report in t the Georgia Burea of Law enforcement and if that doesn't get their attention then when a biker gets killed or a biker shoots someone for trying to kill them that will get everybodys attention

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You may not think the LEO'S will do a thing but filing a report everytime it happens ( and getting a copy ) will leave a paper trail in case something happens to YOU or another biker to use for litigation... think about it if you go down again in 3 months and end up in the hospital and you have copies of 5-6 reports now you have proof of complaints and then its the Sheriff's fault he chose not to investigate and not just another story of a dumba55 biker pushing the limits. :helmet:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
why should some one have to die for dumbass go looking for some shit head who doing this. tv station, newspaper or even a radio stations might look into this if all the facts were given to them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Same thing has been happening at deals gap. People putting oil in the roads. Now i see they have been dumping sand in the curves. Darrel over on killboy.com has pictures of the sand in turns. Last year he posted pics of the oil and found mayo jars with left over oil in them on the side of the road. Rumor was that it was the hunters doin it cause the loud bikes were skeerin the deer away. Pretty fuckin stupid no matter what the reason.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Ohhhh, man this is so completely wrong. My god man, messin' with life or death! I don't even no where to start here. I'm furious just sittin' here lookin' at that picture. Y'all BE CAREFUL ridin' in those areas. This is just unbelievable.....

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i heeard the locals near palomar where doing the same thing a year ago. just doesn't seem right :headshake

1 - 20 of 20 Posts