Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok question for everyone here what would be the best gearing to get to get my 05 10r up faster without loosing top end power.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

so doing -1 in the front will create better wheelies now that will do ok with the stock gear in the rear

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Have you been trying to clutch or power it up in 2nd or 3rd? dropping one in the front will help BUT also your rpm's and body position play a huge role in how the bike does or doesn't come up.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
try the blue pill to get it up :crackup: haha just kidding man...i can pull mine up no problem all throttle in first and second sometimes...if you utalize your clutch in the first 3 gears you should be able to pull up no problem...I am on stock gearing also on my gen one...i am going down 1 in the front and leaving the rear alone...gearing can also help...good luck be safe

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Have you been trying to clutch or power it up in 2nd or 3rd? dropping one in the front will help BUT also your rpm's and body position play a huge role in how the bike does or doesn't come up.
:+1: need alittle more info of how your trying to wheelie. granted my gearing is -1 and +1 now, but i never had a problem when i had stock gearing.

rider input is key

practice will make "better wheelies"

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you don't like to use the clutch, you'll have to use the throttle by rolling it on at the right point. Starting out in first, slowly roll-on the throttle just enough to transfer the centre of gravity to the back of the bike. Then, somewhere between 5-8000 rpm roll it on hard and it should sky rocket instantly. As it is coming up with momentum (and your left foot at the ready), click it into second to drop the revs. With practice it becomes second nature. But I would suggest mastering the wheelie on a mountain bike first. One hp can not hurt you like 150+ can.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What a strange thread. The question should be 'how do I NOT do a wheelie on a 10r?'
Mine comes up all the time when I don't want it to. Twist the right handle backwards. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
What a strange thread. The question should be 'how do I NOT do a wheelie on a 10r?'
Mine comes up all the time when I don't want it to. Twist the right handle backwards. :rolleyes:

:+1:

The problem is clearly between the seat and the handlebars.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Like i said before, a riders body position and input WILL have a 10's front end reaching for the sky 99.9% of the time! gearing helps but most of it is between your ears i think? it's NOT like wheeling a 600. IMHO a ZX10 is NOT a bike you want to "learn" to wheelie on.........it will leave you flat on your ass and continue the trip without you if you're not careful.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
mann....stock gearing on my gen 1, 40 mph in first gear is the sweet spot...doing roll on races from 40 in first is just plain retarded..that damn front tire has a bad relationship with the ground cuz they seem as ifthey never wanna be together haha.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is there are thread with a 'how to wheelie a gen 1' in it? I searched but cant seem to find one yet I'm sure I've seen one in the past :dontknow:

I suck at trying to wheelie! I clutch it up, shit myself and shut the throttle, same with power wheelies :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts