Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty dumb question but I haven't figured out a good way to get the burnout crusty tire off of the underside of the tail section..
I've tried several different thing but it seems to alway turn into a black goo and just smear all over....

So what do you guys do?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Try wax polish. It helps clean up the chain fling and the little rubber deposits on my undertail pretty well. I don't do burnouts, so not sure how bad yours is. No harm in trying.:dontknow:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
lighter fluid should take it right off and not harm the paint or clear coat......like the kind ya put in zippo's...not sure about the BBQ fluid?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Try this:

Gunk Tar n Bug remover. It's the best that I have found, gets that nasty chain lube off of wheels with one wipe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
the flitz or a buff ball with that bug and tar remover seems to do the trick.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Lots of car guys will tape their rear fenders of their cars with blue masking tape and then rip it off when your done. you could just tape everything before you head to the strip and peel it all off later

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
To keep the rubber off of the tail without looking like your bike is just a show bike, wipe crisco or pam no stick spray on it. It can't be seen and the crap just wipes off.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
To keep the rubber off of the tail without looking like your bike is just a show bike, wipe crisco or pam no stick spray on it. It can't be seen and the crap just wipes off.
That's genius!! "PUT IT ON THERE BEFOREHAND OF COURSE"OR you could just NOT do burnouts BUT i guess that's probably not going to happen? i should have thought of that since we use to rub vaseline on parts of gold frames or just ornate frames when we would repair and touch them up so that it would keep any extra paint and overspray from the surrounding area and it would wipe right off.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THAT is what im looking for, thanks alot I will test it out next time I race.

TMY10R

I WISH I could get away without doing a burnout, I would save so much freaking money on tires. Unfortunately its a necessity on an extended bike to get good 60' times, if not u just spin like crazy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts