Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled off my left engine cover on my 0510R and I have pebbles in there, grass and just a bunch of crap. what the hell should I do to clean it out? Any suggestions will help!

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Take off the clutch cover, oil pan, oil cooler, oil filter. Flush the motor with something like mineral spirits or something similar to that. A parts washer is a good thing to have to clean these things and you can use the fluid they have in them to flush the motor out.

Clean the oil pan and visually inspect the oil screen in the oil pan and rinse it out good. Pull the clutch out and clean and soak them in some oil. Remove the oil cooler and using the parts washer set it so it runs the fluid through the oil cooler to get it cleaned out, then blow it out with some air, tie wrap the handle down on the air blower from a compressor and set it up to blow in the cleaned oil cooler, say 5-10 mins.

After putting everything back together, fresh oil and filter, crank it up and let it idle for about 15 mins, shut it down let it cool and change the filter and oil again. It wouldn't hurt to do this at least 2-3 times; buy the cheap filters for this. Last oil and filter use what you would normally use, and put everything back together like new or used plastics and stuff and ride.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that sounds like a good technique and that should about cover everything and keep me from having a spun bearing down the road.:+1:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I got your Email, And I was writing up a repsonse. But Tread70 covered just about everything I was gonna say. Except After starting it back up with fresh oil and filter let it run, drain and then drop the Oil pan again..PITA I know check the oil screen, and the bottom of the oil pan, if they are clean after the first run. New oil and filter, and you should be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts