Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the sidewinders produce the most power but i also do alot of street riding and im worried about clearance. SO what undertail exhaust is going to get me the most horsepower. i really like the look of the acropovic, but it doesnt seem like the power increase is very much. so help me out guys

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
If you got the cash, i think beet is your best choice for good power. Correct me if im wrong? (undertail)

Akra, arrow, etc. still very good choices no doubt.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Any of the above mentioned would be fine for undertail. I would suggest the muzzy m10 or brocks alien head/smeg. Dual slip ons will cost just as much as a side exit full system with out as big of a hp increase. Between those two the m10 is a bit cheaper but the alien head comes with brock's support and maps.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stock exhaust with a small unit will yield more power . . .

Just plum a small system & hide the nos bottle.

You'll be more happy with happy spray !

And it will cost a fraction of the $.

More power for less money !

Just food for thought.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I have never been a fan of spray. I've seen too many people blow up there stuff with just a ”small” spray and I don't have the money or knowledge to rebuild a motor

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
ti force, brocks underseat exhaust, the beet system is one bad azz system too looks killer the akro is good too just depends what you want to do down the road. like big bore or just high compression

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thnk im starting to dig the brocks more then the muzzys gp...whats the cost difference? where do i order? and 06pearl, can you powdercoat the aliendhead black?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I thnk im starting to dig the brocks more then the muzzys gp...whats the cost difference? where do i order? and 06pearl, can you powdercoat the aliendhead black?
I would def. consider the Brocks, its very well built and the perfromance is noticable... Only gripe is the way it mounts to the rearset... but i got over that quickly :thumbsup: and yes i can powder coat it, i did it to my muzzy pics below.

heres the vid of the muuzy i had.. its sounds good and deep at idle but up in the r's it just screams like a 600, and i didnt like that i like a deeper tone, I also was using my Brocks undertail map withth emuzzy since muzzys map iss not that great (from what i heard)..

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
damn man..i i think im diggin the muzzys better. sounds mean too. How much to powder coat it, if i cant get a deal on the black teflon one? and where did you order it from, i need to know a good price

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like the sound of the Beet, and the brocks undertail, BUT im not im not a fan of the looks. i will probable go with one of them though because i care about preformance first

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
damn man..i i think im diggin the muzzys better. sounds mean too. How much to powder coat it, if i cant get a deal on the black teflon one? and where did you order it from, i need to know a good price
like i said th muzzy sounds good at idle but when riding it changes drastically.. Were the brocks get louder but keeps it deep tone.. the muzzy starts screaming like a 600
http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/muzzy full mega tef zx10r 06.htm

I really like the sound of the Beet, and the brocks undertail, BUT im not im not a fan of the looks. i will probable go with one of them though because i care about preformance first
Exactly! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
yea but the brocks is more expensive, and the pipe doesnt look as good as the muzzys i think..lol its a tough decisions though

·
Registered
819 Posts
This one right here!!!!

Use your stock head pipes, as they are very efficient but merge the 2 into 1 with a nice collector and your good to go.

ITS FOR SALE AS WELL!!!!!

And its light

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I had $1000 plus to spend, it would've been Brocks. But since I didn't, I went with the single side Area P, from www.areapnolimits.com. I think I paid $515 shipped for carbon fiber. It eliminates the cat and mid pipes, but retains the factory titanium head pipes Never had it dyno tuned before and still haven't yet, but Ive been [email protected] Also went 149 a couple times and 150 once. so it must help a little bit w/o map.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Keep an eye out for the muzzy m10 used. There was a member on here and a couple others after him on ebay selling them for less than $400.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dude you went 9.69 on stock swingarm? Pretty impressive?

Oh and who is selling this exhaust? 400 for the used muzzys gp I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dude you went 9.69 on stock swingarm? Pretty impressive?
Yep. That was my best ever though.. I'm gettin ready to bolt on my extensions in a couple minutes. They came from Schnitz today:smile: YAY!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts