Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is typically the best time to buy new tires?

I need a new set as of now, but riding season is pretty much over here, i can wait till spring if thats the time to find better deals on them, or would winter be a better time to get them for a good price cause places might be willing to give you a good deal considering there most likely not selling a whole lot?

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
what tires are you looking for?

I need a new set as of now, but riding season is pretty much over here, i can wait till spring if thats the time to find better deals on them, or would winter be a better time to get them for a good price cause places might be willing to give you a good deal considering there most likely not selling a whole lot?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I am also in need of tires so its interesting to see when most people think is best.
subscribed.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

I just put a diablo corsa III on the bike and I am loving life... My last diablo was done down to the metal... This tire is awesome. Now I am doing wheelies real nice again

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
If your bike will be at the kickstand all winter leave the oldies on until spring.
If you're putting her up on both stands change them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i always had really good luck with www.sporttour.com for tires. Cheap, and i always got them within 3 days. They are based out of Ohio and im in upstate NY

·
Registered
685 Posts
Been doing this for the last two years... Save up as much as you can and surf the net every few days for deals during this time of the year.

I have found a set of tires for as cheap as $200/shipped (Dunlop 209GP) during the winter months. One of the sponsors here had a killer sale on Conti Race Attacks back in Sept. Thats gonna be my tire of choice next season coming from the three sets of 209GPs I went through this year. Heard good things about the Race Attacks.

I currently have three sets of Race Attacks but am still on the lookout for good deals. Paid roughly $250 per set and thats the normal price I shoot for. Anything above that, I'll wait for a better deal. :cool:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been doing this for the last two years... Save up as much as you can and surf the net every few days for deals during this time of the year.

I have found a set of tires for as cheap as $200/shipped (Dunlop 209GP) during the winter months. One of the sponsors here had a killer sale on Conti Race Attacks back in Sept. Thats gonna be my tire of choice next season coming from the three sets of 209GPs I went through this year. Heard good things about the Race Attacks.

I currently have three sets of Race Attacks but am still on the lookout for good deals. Paid roughly $250 per set and thats the normal price I shoot for. Anything above that, I'll wait for a better deal. :cool:
Thats what im shooting for also. 400+ for tires just doesnt seem right.
i guess ill just keep browsing the net looking for good deals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts