Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Opinions please as to what you guys use and think is the best tail bag I am going to Biketoberfest so I need to carry some extra stuff..............:thumbsup: I am specifically thinking Gen2

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would check out Ventura luggage. They use a metal rack that extends from the subframe with a platform that is removable, plus all their luggage is modular. Very good, high volume system that is transferable to other bikes and it wont scuff your plastics. I had one on an aprilia rsv-r, now I use the same luggage on my 1st gen 10.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/

·
Registered
34 Posts
http://thecycleguys.com/

Love the fastpack - super easy off and on - my kid doesn't mind sitting on it when it is collapsed - holds all my rain gear, extra gloves and insulated coat and pant liners - top cover looks like CF - waterproof zipper

·
Registered
91 Posts
I used the cortech sport tail bag on about a 2k mile trip and it worked very well. The bungy straps did scuff the tail of the bike but if you were smarter than I was and covered the tail where the straps hit it before using it I think you would like it. It goes off and on very quickly too. Also definitely much cheaper than racks and hard luggage and all that crap.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would check out Ventura luggage. They use a metal rack that extends from the subframe with a platform that is removable, plus all their luggage is modular. Very good, high volume system that is transferable to other bikes and it wont scuff your plastics. I had one on an aprilia rsv-r, now I use the same luggage on my 1st gen 10.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/
Not digging on those..... sorry

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cortech is the best luggage by far have the whole set saddle bags tank and tail. A few years old and good as new! Maybe ill see ya in Daytona.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
I used the cortech sport tail bag on about a 2k mile trip and it worked very well. The bungy straps did scuff the tail of the bike but if you were smarter than I was and covered the tail where the straps hit it before using it I think you would like it. It goes off and on very quickly too. Also definitely much cheaper than racks and hard luggage and all that crap.
:+1:ive had the same bag for several years...and i love it...the SigO has the same bag and she loves hers too

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've got a Chase Harper tail bag that I've used for probably 10 years-until I got my ZX. It just doesn't work well. I haven't figured out how to strap it down w/o running cords along side the tail section and I really don't want to bugger up my paint. I have thought about putting a towel between the cords and the plastic but that's just too tacky.

After looking at the RKA website posted above, I'm sold on the 34 liter StarrIII bag.

There is a BMW dealer here in town that is an RKA dealer. Being the massive pudknockers that they are, I'm sure that if they have any RKA stuff in stock it will be a good 20% over retail.

I'm going to check 'em out in the morning. If they don't have one or it's more than MSRP, I'm definitely going to order one up directly from RKA.

·
Registered
399 Posts
After looking at the RKA website posted above, I'm sold on the 34 liter StarrIII bag.
For the ZX10R, I have the STAR I. I don't use the ZX10R for much of my sport touring - thats' what my ZZR600 or ZZR1200 is for. If you don't like the STAR III, send me a PM and I'd like first dibs on it if they don't take it back.

:wink:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks nice,but i think you will need to put valuables,clothes ect in plastic bags if you go riding in the rain.
:heyyou:

"This expandable tail bag is made of carbo ballistic 1680 denier waterproof nylon "

Shouldnt need too given this description......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts