Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from chilly Alaska. I ride an 07 ZX10R on both street and track. I'm looking to update the suspension. Whate are your suggestions as to appropriate mods I can make. I look forward to hearing from you all. Enjoy your week!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ohlins TTX rear shock. I have the 46PRXLS but the TTX is supposed to be much nicer. Also I would re-valve and re-spring the front forks for your weight. Lindemanns does really good work, Racetech (which I use) make quality product and customer support is really good, but the best I think is Ohlins drop-in kit with Superbike valving.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Would you say the roads you ride are rough? Bringing up a problem of compliant for rough and stiff for track situation?

If that be the case, I'd have race tech do your forks and shock. Per your situation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The roads here aren't too rough and I only have another year then the USAF will send me south. Perhaps it's best to wait until the move to see what the next location is like before doing too much.

·
Registered
229 Posts
put a penske shock in the rear, it feels like a totaly different bike. For the first time it flicks from side to side when when I tell it to. new shock and pilot power 2cts front and rear and I am now very pleased with the bike.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The roads here aren't too rough and I only have another year then the USAF will send me south. Perhaps it's best to wait until the move to see what the next location is like before doing too much.
I wouldn't do anything until you come back down to the 48,

you won't get full use out of that stuff untill you return anyway.

Smiley

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
bkkninja.....raise the rear? i did this on my tl1000r when i had it and loved it, i used a ride height spacer, is there a similar way to do this on the 06-07 10's?
sorry for hijackin your thread dude........hijack over :thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just look at the shock mount its pretty simple. Add washers under the spacer that already in place. 1mm at the mount gives you like 2mm at the rear, theres a thread on it already that has the exact ratio.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
coolbeans, thanks stadanco. i knew on my tl you could do the washer route, what i had was a tailriser plate made for the subframe, ill do some searching on the washers, thanks for the advice.....:hello:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
bkkninja.....raise the rear? i did this on my tl1000r when i had it and loved it, i used a ride height spacer, is there a similar way to do this on the 06-07 10's?
sorry for hijackin your thread dude........hijack over :thumbsup:
Just look at the shock mount its pretty simple. Add washers under the spacer that already in place. 1mm at the mount gives you like 2mm at the rear, theres a thread on it already that has the exact ratio.
Ratio is 1mm = 1.77mm.
Just remember the more height you had the more front bias you achieve, thus at the same time reducing grip at the rear.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts