Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/B What are the best street tires out there? I'm talking aggresive street riding ...Not worrying about mileage just all around good traction when your knee is down...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Pilot Powers (2CT and Pure) as well as the Dunlop Q2's are outstanding street tires designed for maximum traction and lean angle with instant warm-up.

Not the best for track days as they'll overheat quickly but superb street tires!!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Whatever tire you're most comfortable on, what works for one rider may or may not work for another. Try several different tires/brands and decide on which offers the most grip/feel/comfort for you and that's the best tire.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I've got dc3s and used to like them alot. I have michelin pures on my zx6r and like them far more than the dc3s for a couple reasons. 1 the pures are lighter and you can feel it in the steering big time. They seem to grip betterthan the dc3s but there's like a 70hp difference between my 6 and 10. I've talked to some racers lately that know my riding ability and say dot supercorsa's will be great just their life is much shorter than the others.

·
Registered
222 Posts
rosso corsas. wear like iron and grip like mad. much better than the old DCIII's in terms of wear, and good feel at the track. I use those and the pilot power 2ct's on two bikes. I now prefer the pirellis.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
These are by far the best tires money can buy! :thumbsup:

Dammit you beat me to it lol. I have actually ran a set once out of necessity, and i have to say they werent nearly as bad as i thought they would be. They are definately not for the OP, but they aren't a horrible tire either.

Ok you may get back on track now :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I've never had a problem with my DCIII's although I don't doubt that some of the newer ones may be better. You'll never find "the best" but you will find out what the majority are using.

·
Registered
360 Posts
did a trackday at tally on some q2s before i put them on my streetbike, just to see... only one moment and that was when it was drizzling. they get my vote

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Dunlop Q2's get my vote, what an awesome shaped tire, and grip? I run them at 38 psi in the back and they never slip, and they lean over further than the DCIII's do. The DCIII's I had before I ran at 33-35 psi in the rear and the gripped pretty good, but I hated transitioning with those tires, they felt lazy in comparison to the Q2's.

Michelin's have always been a tire I wanted, but for some reason I never pulled the gun. I was looking at the Q2's, Michelin Pure's and 2CT's.

·
Registered
774 Posts
pilot power regulars make me happy

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Go with Q2's!! They are a great tire at a great price!! 303cycle has them for $215 shipped!!
:+1: on 303 cycle, everything about them is awesome, price, shipping, and service!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I run 2ct's and have and really love them...but I'm always looking to upgrade. So keep the reviews coming guy's.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Whatever tire you're most comfortable on, what works for one rider may or may not work for another. Try several different tires/brands and decide on which offers the most grip/feel/comfort for you and that's the best tire.
That sums it up nicely.

There are several brands/models that get top rave reviews...and I hate them.

It's all a matter of feel, for the individual. Where they ride and how they ride.

The good news with tires that don't last long...You don't have to wait long to try something else :lol: :eek:ccasion1

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
:+1: just put a pair on last week and love them. i also use the diablo super corsa DOT race tire which also is amazing
rosso corsas. wear like iron and grip like mad. much better than the old DCIII's in terms of wear, and good feel at the track. I use those and the pilot power 2ct's on two bikes. I now prefer the pirellis.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts